You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's your opinion though. I don't see the world trashing him for using the name, only some people on some forums. Many people have accepted the band as GN'R, and a minority of old fans shouldn't dicatate his life.

the vast majority of the world think it's fucking stupid that Axl calls this band Guns N' Roses. That's just the truth. To not acknowledge that this is the overwhelming opinion of the public is just.... well I don't even know what that is. It sounds really shelterd to be honest. And it's incredibly naive to suggest it's only a  handfull of hardcores who don't like it.

Exactly!

MisterID, do you really think its only forum people who slag on Axl for using the name GN'R?
Like Bono said, it's the majority of the world that thinks it's a bad move.

The number of times I've heard friends of mine (who know nothing of GN'R other than that Axl is the sole original member), slag on him for it, is countless.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl keeping the name would be like Ozzy calling his solo band Black Sabbath. It wouldn't fly.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Even in Rolling stone. they got a pic from the big fashion week show that Timberlake and damon, chelsea clinton etc were at.. and they said Axl and his hired band or something.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's your opinion though. I don't see the world trashing him for using the name, only some people on some forums. Many people have accepted the band as GN'R, and a minority of old fans shouldn't dicatate his life.

the vast majority of the world think it's fucking stupid that Axl calls this band Guns N' Roses. That's just the truth. To not acknowledge that this is the overwhelming opinion of the public is just.... well I don't even know what that is. It sounds really shelterd to be honest. And it's incredibly naive to suggest it's only a  handfull of hardcores who don't like it.

Exactly!

MisterID, do you really think its only forum people who slag on Axl for using the name GN'R?
Like Bono said, it's the majority of the world that thinks it's a bad move.

The number of times I've heard friends of mine (who know nothing of GN'R other than that Axl is the sole original member), slag on him for it, is countless.

If anything, forum junkies would be more open-minded to the idea of a new version of GN'R. And I think to an extent people gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but he has pissed away every bit of respect people might have had for this new band. It's now a cover band of a cover band of a cover band.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

If anything, forum junkies would be more open-minded to the idea of a new version of GN'R. And I think to an extent people gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but he has pissed away every bit of respect people might have had for this new band. It's now a cover band of a cover band of a cover band.

Yeah, I never had a real issue with him keeping the name.  At least around the early part of the decade it seemed that he wanted to try something new (ie rebuild the GNR brand/name).  I was actually pretty stoked at the prospect of new/different music coming from Axl at that time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Believe it or not, years ago I didn't have a big issue with the name thing either. I looked at it like my favorite TV show. A recasting, reinvention for Season 4 or some shit. As long as the songs were good, that would be awesome.

As time as worn out and Axl has done nothing musically (even CD was a forced leaks album; "he was about to release the album" -- yeah right, it was supposed to come out in 2001), the more and more i've seen new Guns N' Roses as, "The Simpsons after Season 9", or "The X-Files after Fight The Future", or "Stargate: SG-1 after the move to Sci-Fi Channel".

Good, but a shadow of it's former self.

And ID is nuts if he thinks people don't slag on Axl for the name outside these boards. You bring up Guns N' Roses in reference to ANYTHING post-1993, and you're laughed at hysterically and made fun of almost anywhere (at least in my experience). I listened to DJ after DJ after DJ on the radio basically used the "Chinese Democracy" debut single as a platform to tell the world how much they think the song sucks and how much they think Axl and fake GN'R are a sham, and WHY they WON'T play the song.

Yeah, i'm not exaggerating.

Axl is not seen as a living joke. What is perceived that HE DID, is a living joke. And at this point, perception is reality, and reality has been written as history.

Do I care?

I couldn't give a flying fuck -- IF! -- he released new music. He could release new music on a small label like Frontiers Records with Baz and Whitesnake or whoever the fuck, and I wouldn't care... but the lack of material just makes him seem like a dying hack, and the BAND NAME is the BIGGEST CULPRIT of it.

Drop the name if future material is OFF the table. It's the RIGHT thing to do. Be a man of honor. It's not YOUR band. Not unless you convice the world that the current band IS Guns N' Roses, and have just as much of a right to that title, as the legends who created it.

Pretty simple really

johndivney wrote:

he needs the name to justify the budget. if he doesn't have GnR he can't behave the way he does.
he'll never let it go. never admit even he made mistakes/was wrong.

honour was one of the first things out the door. there is no honour amongst thieves.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh, bullshit. You have people all around the world still going to the concerts, singing along to the new music, that's all that matters, imo. Why you guys seem to need the back up of "the world" to try to validate your opinions is beyond me... If that's what you think, stick with it. Dont speak for everyone else.

I doubt the world cares that much (if they ever did) about who is or isn't in GN'R.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

We all know that many GNR-fans and casual rock-fans around the world have their negative opinions about Axl Rose. But the thing is, their opinions are just not AS personal and strong as some of the fans online. It's more like a "shrug-of-the-shoulders-oh-what-hell-I'll-go-anyway"-type of opinion. Worst case, they stay home. GNR is gonna fill stadiums/arenas/theatres no matter what!

For christ sake, even the most outspoken reunionists online have attended a show or two on the latest tours. That says a lot about how much it really matters!

Board footer