You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

Smoking Guns wrote:

Russt is about to get pissed now.... Haha.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My deal is this;

I personally think Robin Finck is the best guitarist in the history of GN'R. I don't have to make up wild shit and claim it's opinion to think so, you dig?

robin is the best lead guitar player in guns n roses

bobo

bobo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ok I'm going to agree to disagree.

For the record I like Robin's guitar parts of CD too. But clearly I don't feel they're as fundamental to the structure of the songs as you seem to.

robin's lead guitar is as fundamental and sound to guns n roses as slash is

bobo

bobo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Damn Bobo, you speak like you actually know things about DJ more than DJ knows himself. For all we know DJ IS writing new music, with as much speculation that he isn't. So don't state that he isn't as a fact, when no-one but DJ really knows.

And these few things:

Better is driven by robin's guitar

Agreed

This I Love is driven by robin's guitar

Disagreed. Aside from his solo spot, it's a piano/orchestral piece with no guitar.

There was a time is driven by robin's guitar.

Disagreed. Robin has a nice solo, but most people praise this song for Bucket's work, not his.

street of dreams is driven by robin's guitar

Disagreed, aside from his nice solo, it's a piano ballad.

irs is driven by robin's guitar

Agreed, but it's an average song at best. The highlight is Bucket's solo spot

catcher is driven by robin's guitar

Disagreed. Again, it's mostly a piano driven song, with guitar on top.

i could go on and on how robin drives chinese democracy with a guitar

And I could go on and on, just like Monkey said, that CD isn't a guitar-driven album.

Anyway, keep this blind Robin talk up, and you'll find your way to my 'ignore' list. And I haven't done that to anyone on this site.

i'm listening to the chinese democracy record again. what i notice isn't pianos or orchestral pieces. what stands out to me is the guitar. the lead guitar solos and riffs played by robin finck on the record

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

mogs?

bobo

bobo wrote:
war wrote:

mogs?

mogs? not mogs. the chinese democracy record. the latest guns n roses record. you know, the record that was a bestbuy exclusive? didn't sell well in the states. sold a boat load international. i'm listening to that record. on the chinese democracy record.....the robin lead guitar riffs and big solos stand out to my ears more than pianos and keyboards. the same way slash stood out to me more than adler's drumming or what duff did

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
bobo wrote:

i'm listening to the chinese democracy record again. what i notice isn't pianos or orchestral pieces. what stands out to me is the guitar. the lead guitar solos and riffs played by robin finck on the record

If your ears can't notice the piano and orchestral stuff leading the majority of the songs on the album, I'm done talking to you. It's pointless.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Folks, please don't feed the troll..

Bono is 100% on spot on this...

At first I thought he was our own htgth's HBK but then it became annoying.

I think everyone can agree that Finck was important to Chinese Democracy, being it in a good way or in a bad.

And everyone can agree that old songs, live, now, with Ashba, sound more similar to the way Slash played 'em.

Whatever else is opinion and everyone have their own. I already ranted on how I think Finck (and to a extent Bucket) was Axl's way out of Slash's and GN'R's old way but he, Axl, failed to pursue that Holy Graal of a new direction, spent years cutting, pasting, recutting and repasting CD sessions instead of moving forward and I HOPE we won't be stuck much longer on nostalgia and I have a strange feeling that a new album will be announced/released in 2012.

If not, I'll keep Gn'R as my favorite band as a teenager and keep how CD saga and what I believed Axl once was for carryig the name meant to me personally in between 97 and 2008 as a memory and will become a casual.

As I said before, I've already travelled 30+ hours to see this band live and in June I'll be in the same town as GNR, my hotel is a 5 minute walk from the venue and I have no intention on catching them playing the same concert I've already seen 3 times.

bobo

bobo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
bobo wrote:

If your ears can't notice the piano and orchestral stuff leading the majority of the songs on the album, I'm done talking to you. It's pointless.

my ears don't notice the piano or orchestral. what my ears hear on the majority of the songs is big time guitar by robin finck. and a big solo by buckethead on prostitute. this is what my ears notice listening to the chinese democracy record

Board footer