You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bumblefoot Visits Maxim Magazine

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

i wouldn't mind if they were promoting something to do w/GnR
but i've seen little of that
don't mind they have solo stuff & other bands
just like to see GnR promo for a good cause
[/broken record]

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

so who does maxim send the check to? I'm betting slash.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh My God, Some of you guys are seriously over analyzing these bloody videos. He's just goofing around and having fun! What is so wrong with that? He's playing Paradise City and it's not his song (whine, whine). He should playing his own material. (blah, blah, bitch, moan) He's just jamming and entertaining people. I thought the Hulk Hogan comments were ridiculous. If you don't like the video, then don't watch it. Seriously.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

use your Illusion

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thanks Russ! Appreciate it! 9 19

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Um...so if you don't like what the video was after you watched it reverse time and don't watch it originally? 16

Although I do think there's no point in complaining about such things. As russ mentioned one of the major complaints we used to have back in the 2003 era was that no one in the band did any promo - people had no chance to adopt the new members as replacements for Slash etc....so now that they do it...seems a bit off to complain.

I would have liked to see Ron do something more shreddy though considering that the title was that he shredded their office up.

Something like this comes to mind.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Are you playing dumb or whit?

Naw I'm not saying that and you know that! Axl Rose is  the guy who's put the brakes on any new member of Guns N'Roses recording and bringing their own work to add to the GNR legacy, thats why after 6 years in the band Bumblefoot has to ponce around to Slash's guitar anthems.

I really wasn't trying to be dumb. Here's my question; what would you like BBF to do in that situation? He was at Maxim as "Lead Guitarist of Guns N' Roses". Would you think he'd just bust out and play a solo cut or something?

Maybe bust out something from CD? I guess that's the problme and what si so glaringly patehtic about the situation. Ron is there as the lead guitarist of Gn'R and yet he's busting out tunes that are 25 years old that he had absolutely nothing to do with. It's such a  farce. Axl won't allow these guys to become Guns N' Roses so instead they have to pretend to be by playing the old guys stuff even in these little promotional type settings.  Nothing against Ron of course because like you said what else is he to do but the situation itself is beyond lame. Put out a fucking album already Axl...  ya know.

Yeah it aint Rons fault, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Noone would be able to make any kind of correlation between him and Guns N' Roses if he busted out the Scraped solo...

I can imagine in our nearest parallel dimension he played Catcher In the Rye and they were all singing along 22

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Its fraudulent passing yourself off as GNR and playing Slash's solos music.. Plagarism. fooling youngsters who may not know GNR yet into thinking u wrote it.

Fail

Board footer