You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Intercourse wrote:

The band start snapping at each other and the fans follow..

We are Sheeple!!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh yeah Izzy and Axl are the most importnat blah blah blah and if Axl got up on stage and played with Slash it'd pale in comparison to if Izzy and Axl performed together.  yeah yeah and if the other 4 reunited and played without Izzy it wouldn't be a  reunion and Ali would find ways to disqualify it and negate the significance of it.

Izzy and Axl were founders of the band.  They were important songwriters in the band.  So, yes, to me, they were the most important components of the old band.  Since he was a member of the AFD lineup, any reunion without him is not a full reunion.  Pretty simple, and unlike your posts filled with unnecessary personal invective, it's hardly non-sense. roll

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Izzy is most important cause it gives Axl a way out of doing any kind of performance, cause he can always point to Izzy not being there and if it isn't gonna be a true reunion, why do it?

that way he isn't completely mangled in the press.

Izzy's important because he and Axl were the two most prolific songwriters in the band when it came to the basic compositions, lyrics and melodies.  At least to me.  I don't think it's coincidental that the old band didn't put out any new material after he left.

Ali

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I'm lost is someone insulting my comment?

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Well, so Slash fucked it up. Finally, the truth arrived. Axlism at its best.

Why don't you, instead of adding further fuel to the fire, just keep your mouth shut and let it go when people post silly things?

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

I usually keep my mouth shut 9 out of 10 times when you post silly things, which often happen daily.

Are you kidding? Don't try to be the judge here, when you are making shit up hour by hour. You have problems with the reality, but tolerate and support the la-la-landish comments by your zealot tribe. You should have aimed your words to Bromero - in that cause, you'd have an ounce of credibility. Unfortuately you don't have any. Shut up.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Meanwhile since the UYI tour onwards no one but us hardcores cares if he's in the band. I love him to death, but if you have Dizzy and Matt up there - you could get Gilby - and have the UYI band play and people would loose their shit reliving the NR video clip, reliving Terminator 2 with YCBM , and when they saw the UYI tour.

The Wal Mart version of GN'R. Also what Slashites and Axl haters call "the original band".

To me live shows is the frozen pizza version of music. Basically the same, just not nearly as good. I want new material and in that regard Izzy is the man you need to go see.

Of course, forgetting for a moment that Axl and Slash together in a kitchen would end in a call to the ER, there's no money in albums anymore. Meaning Axl and Slash wouldn't do it without a tour. And that kind of commitment obviously leaves Izzy out.

So yeah, not gonna happen. At best you'll get an albumless cash grab effort with a singer and a lead guitarist halfway in their fifties + whoever else wants to come along as a backing band.

I'll stick with what we have: Pax Rosa.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

pull your head out of your ass. bromero worships slash. he's also right. he never said it was slash's fault. he never said it isn't hindering on axl. all he's saying, which i agree with, is that maybe slash should shut his mouth and stop talking for everyone. maybe axl would speak for himself and stop hating slash if this happened.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

pull your head out of your ass. bromero worships slash. he's also right. he never said it was slash's fault. he never said it isn't hindering on axl. all he's saying, which i agree with, is that maybe slash should shut his mouth and stop talking for everyone. maybe axl would speak for himself and stop hating slash if this happened.

Behave, asshole.

He wrote the same Axlite nonsense that some of you are doing all the time. Wake up, it's not Slash's fault that they will not play. The ship has long gone. Slash only realized it.

war

war wrote:

you know it, i know it, bromero knows it. yet you still can't come up with anything original and have to insult people even though they have acknowledged it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

you know it, i know it, bromero knows it. yet you still can't come up with anything original and have to insult people even though they have acknowledged it.

Know what? That it won't happen? Yes, I do. That Slash fucked it up? Only in your dreamland. I'm really sorry that you are so original, that even reality left you.

BTW _you_ insulted me first, so don't be so touchy.

war

war wrote:

if i insulted you i am sorry.  and, though i don't think i did and didn't intend to, you are wrong when u say i insulted you first. you insulted bromero first. IMO

and then me, now three times.

Board footer