You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: AXL ROSE Negotiating For More Money Before Releasing 'Chinese Democrac

Neemo wrote:

makes you wonder about that Eddie Trunk Comment that Bucketfoot posted a couple weeks ago hmm

bucketfoot wrote:

"I hear the new G&R CD is actually done, but the delay in release is not the bands issues but the label. There is so much money tied up in this record that in todays business it will be virtually impossible to be profitable, meaning the label might want to sell it off but can not find a buyer since nobody buys CDs anymore. Problem might not be Axl this time around and might keep this CD in limbo for more years to come. Hopefully it gets resolved."

From Eddie's Blog.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mysteron also said there are currently no tour plans.....as of right now, I have had two cups of coffee and am headed off to the can. 13

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
madagas wrote:

Mysteron also said there are currently no tour plans.....as of right now, I have had two cups of coffee and am headed off to the can. 13

Hope everything "comes out" ok. 16

madagas wrote:

from mygnr.......Mysteron's latest mindfuck......."as of right now, Gnr is still with Universal, etc and the album should come out in 2008".......as of right now.:haha:

Doesn't he say this every year.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
madagas wrote:

from mygnr.......Mysteron's latest mindfuck......."as of right now, Gnr is still with Universal, etc and the album should come out in 2008".......as of right now.:haha:

Doesn't he say this every year.

Yeah really. Everyone involved including Axl thought it was coming out 2 years ago apparently.

Shows what thought did. Even if Axl had finished those minor additions back in Summer 06 when he was meant to the album would never have made it out in 06, look at the delay now even when the album's finished. Having said that I don't think GNR can have expected such a delay from the labels end.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, TO BE TECHNICAL, the recording was done in March.....but not the mixing and mastering so the album was still being worked on. Beta told Classic Rock that the album was finished just before xmas so that means the label hasn't really sat on it very long at all-about two months. My guess is they are waiting for a late spring/ summer release where they have plenty of time to set up press for the summer schedule. Hey, I am trying to be hopeful.:laugh:

also, take in to account that Merck and Axl said the label would not discuss renegotiation until they had a finished album. We could actually be in the early stages of the stalemate.:headbang:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If there is a long term holdout over the finsihed album I won't buy it. If Axl's ready to let it out, if the music, artwork, booklet, is all done, then quickly solve your little disputes and get it out.

Board footer