You are not logged in. Please register or login.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
Bono wrote:

This shit is so bitter sweet to me. I remeber being excited abotu thsi and thinking wow. Ata  time when Axl was still a god and had he taking that band and ran with it he'd be loved today for carrying on Gn'R. instead he stomped a mud hole in it and now everyone resents him for it.

I was there, it was my first GNR gig, like a dream came true thing..
I can t put in words how cool and special the vibe was that day, i have great  memories from that show and i will never forget.

Its fells like i am an luck motherfucker for being in the right time at the right place.:mosh:

You shouldn't say that out loud here, the taste and moral police will hunt you down. 16

I mean, you can say it, but you have to end the sentence with some shit about Axl.

Like "Axl was God and now he's shit" or "Axl is sort of the best if you don't count in he's an asshole". You get the drill.

Naah people can understand the situation here:

First oportunity to see your fav band live in your life !
Axl come back.
Plus Rock In Rio and  300 000 peoples.

The vibe was INSANE !!! never saw something close and i go to music gigs al the time.:peace:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's not fair.  He was already an epic asshole when I saw him in 1992.

Didn't wanna ruin the kids positivity completely

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:

I was there, it was my first GNR gig, like a dream came true thing..
I can t put in words how cool and special the vibe was that day, i have great  memories from that show and i will never forget.

Its fells like i am an luck motherfucker for being in the right time at the right place.:mosh:

You shouldn't say that out loud here, the taste and moral police will hunt you down. 16

I mean, you can say it, but you have to end the sentence with some shit about Axl.

Like "Axl was God and now he's shit" or "Axl is sort of the best if you don't count in he's an asshole". You get the drill.

Axl come back.

The vibe was INSANE !!! never saw something close and i go to music gigs al the time.:peace:

No no,

Again:

First oportunity to see your fave cover band live in your life !
Axl come back without Slash (because Slash quit since Axl is an ass)
Plus Rock In Rio and  300 000 peoples kidding themselves.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I actually get it.  I'm much more understanding of people that never experienced the old band loving the new band...much like Duff said, it's about the music.

KIKO2K

KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:

Axl come back.

No no,

Again:

Ho needs Slash when you have BucketHead huh?

Saw both live and Bucket blow Slash out the water any time any place.

The same old shitt, new x old band on loop forever eh.
The thread is not about that comn be wiser kid.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:

Axl come back.

No no,

Again:

Ho needs Slash when you have BucketHead huh?

Saw both live and Bucket blow Slash out the water any time any place.

The same old shitt, new x old band on loop forever eh.
The thread is not about that comn be wiser kid.

Axl.

I'm one of Axl supporters but, at least in the US, he won't succeed on both fame and acceptance levels, without Slash.

Unfortunately.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Had he tried, he might have. But touring nostalgia classic material with replacements, will not make him succeed, whatever good the musicians are. He released CD more than 4 years AFTER BH bailed, and he even deleted and replaced some of BH's parts (even the guy's solo on his own song, Shackler's). It speaks volumes. Less hysteria and more action on Axl's side would make things a lot easier for himself and his band.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

So many...

Two Major ones:

back in 2001, i was engaged with a baby on the way

fast forward year later... relationship fell apart... chick wouldn't let me see my kid.. I took her to court.. She looked me in the face and told me the kid might not be mine..

I was beyond devastated.. anyhow took DNA test and few months later.. found out he was NOT mine.

I was beyond devastated, suicidal.. entire life for almost 2 years had been a complete lie.

around this time.. I found the two songs "Madagascar" and "The Blues" mixed with my old faithful Estranged... really helped me through the toughest time in my life.

Over the next year or so, I had gained around 100lbs.. was just a fucking mess.

GNR are the reason I am alive typing and conversing with u all today and its why I am so passionate about this band and why I defend it so strongly and why I get so pissed when people diss the guys who helped save me.

I strongly identified with Axl at this time, Cause like him, I felt i was attempting an against all odds comeback and he really fueled me to get my life back on track.

I created a GNR playlist on a cassette *still had the walkman LOL!* and every night, I would make myself exercise/walk through the entire cassette. *I still workout to this day to a similar playlist.

anyhow..eventually i lost all the weight, even ran a half marathon, got back into college.. am now successful and happy...

2nd one:

I met my fiancee and the lady who changed my life forever thanks to GNR. around
the above mentioned story, i saw MTV VMA's and I joined HTGTH.

posted there for a while, met some awesome amazing friends i still treasure to this day but with her.. it was complete fate/destiny.

on the Nice Boys section, I posted some of my music.. some reason she couldn't get them to DL. so she sent me a PM and told me she'd like to hear them but couldn't get them to DL.

I added her to yahoo messenger.. talked to her every night.. 7 months later we met and the rest is history. have been with her for going on 8 years now.

all because GNR we met. so thats pretty awesome. I am from a poor small coal mining town named Harlan,KY *yes same one used in "Justified"  and there is nothing there.
meeting her let me to move to Chattanooga,TN.. there i got back into college and the Physical Therapy program i graduated from and now have a career in.. without that.. Untelling what I'd be doing.

Too bad, like Catcher.. they completely fucked up the studio version.

[youtube]hxaqJjfSo5g&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD7E3E51576D9F071[/youtube]

KIKO2K

KIKO2K wrote:
russtcb wrote:

PLEASE-

Keep this thread as what it's meant for; tributes to Guns N' Roses. We just plain don't need another thread turning into this Old Vs New business.

Well said.
I tried to tell this to the other guy.:)

Board footer