You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Howard Stern/Eddie Trunk on GNR

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Anyone that defends the letter is blinded by what he says for they do not know the real reason he didn't show was Slash. Eddie doesn't get it either.

I think we can assume that Slash is reason number 1, but I don't think he was the only reason.  I don't think Steven Adler's recent comments helped the situation, though I'm not sure he would've gone regardless of those comments.  And Axl does bring up some great points and questions in his last letter, regardless of what the main reason for his no show may or may not have been. 

And it's not like they're ignoring the fact that there's a huge beef between Axl and Slash.  That's been covered by Eddie, Howard, and Piers.  It's certainly a major part of the puzzle. 

It'd be nice for Axl to take advantage of some of this support and give an interview to one of his "defenders", but I doubt that'll happen.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, wait a few months and he'll be the rebel who didn't show up cause Rush and KISS are still not inducted. What a joke.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

OK, so he didn't show up because of Slash.  The original letter was fairly clear that he didn't show because the results of him showing/no showing were going to be negative in one way or another, that he had no desire for a reunion performance with the old band, ever, even in a one off setting, etc. 

I think it's outlined pretty clearly in the first letter even if he didn't flat out say "I'm not coming because of Slash"

Roger Waters and Paul McCartney skipped their induction ceremonies because of feuds with their former bandmates as well.  It's not exactly unprecedented.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Further proof that he was in a no win situation right out of the gate.  If he DID come right out and say, "I'm not attending because of Slash", there'd be an uproar about that.  But since he didn't exactly say that, but alluded to it, it's "just come out and say you hate Slash!"  There was no perfect choice in this whole thing.  Whatever he decided would have been met with contempt.  If he showed up and played, people would dismiss the new lineup even more than they already do.  If he showed up and didn't play, people would call him a bitch for not playing but still hold onto the hope for a reunion down the line.

What he DID, spells out pretty clearly that a reunion is in no way happening.  So for that purpose, mission accomplished.  What he does going forward remains to be seen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...TBH if I was Slash I'd issue a standing invitation to all members of the old band to reunite....on equal pay terms....and with equal rights...to play any show, any place....then we'd see what's what.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

A friend of mine just texted me that Piers Morgan ended his show tonight by defending Axl Rose.  Didn't get to hear it, but he said it was some interesting stuff.  The show replays on CNN at midnight eastern, about 1 hour and 40 minutes from now.

Another media member angling for the big elusive Axl Rose interview perhaps?

Apparently it's already on the website.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof … l-rose.cnn

OK, I like the first part of this video where he praised Axl's talent. I see a lot of fuckheads out there saying they wish Axl was never in GN'R, which is one of the most insane things ever. That's like saying you wish Slash or Izzy were never in it. That being said, Axl's letter pretty much admits that he WAS willing to accept the Hall of Fame induction if they did it on his terms, meaning he got to choose who was inducted. Had he said "fuck off" to the Hall back in December when it was announced, I would have a lot more respect for his decision.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

A friend of mine just texted me that Piers Morgan ended his show tonight by defending Axl Rose.  Didn't get to hear it, but he said it was some interesting stuff.  The show replays on CNN at midnight eastern, about 1 hour and 40 minutes from now.

Another media member angling for the big elusive Axl Rose interview perhaps?

Apparently it's already on the website.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof … l-rose.cnn

OK, I like the first part of this video where he praised Axl's talent. I see a lot of fuckheads out there saying they wish Axl was never in GN'R, which is one of the most insane things ever. That's like saying you wish Slash or Izzy were never in it. That being said, Axl's letter pretty much admits that he WAS willing to accept the Hall of Fame induction if they did it on his terms, meaning he got to choose who was inducted. Had he said "fuck off" to the Hall back in December when it was announced, I would have a lot more respect for his decision.

Exactly. As admirable as Piers Morgan (who I can't stand) was marking out to Axl and putting his ass WAY over, people tend to completely forget that Axl took the time to slam his bandmates and pretty much admit "it's not really about the Hall... it's about NO ONE is gonna force me into dealing with Slash until i'm god damn good and ready"

So with that AMAZING video Piers put up...

I played this while watching it

Board footer