You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jarmo probably won't post this on his site. Lol...

johndivney wrote:

interesting people are finally starting to question axl's finances publicly - by that i mean not us on the msgboards but stern/truck & now canter in a press interview.

i know it's all speculation but i'd say he prob has healthy personal wealth, but in terms of the GnR organisation i dunno so much. it may account for the neverending tour - a vicious cycle unto itself if the case: if you consider the late starts/curfew breaks that are still the rule rather than exception, the profit will never be as great as it could be after all these years even w/o the [real] top-hatted one..

ty apex-twin btw. very revealing interview all told.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I always was not of the opinion that he is a gazzilionnaire as a lot of people casually suggest.

Don't get me wrong I would guess he is doing ok, but the Chi Dem era must of chewed up a lot of dough and the UYI tour wasn't always running in the black etc etc.

Some of his decisions have definitely been motivated/forced by financial need.  Nothing wrong with that tho everybody has gotta make a buck and keep the wolf from the door.

johndivney wrote:

yea but if what canter says is true about film releases, in that he won't do it because Slash will profit from it, he mustn't be defined by financial restraints. at least at this stage. a lot of what he does hasn't been motivated by $$, in fairness (of some perverse kind). 
he must still believe the new band is a viable economic force.
he obv at the least is making enough to get by w/o having to call in Slash.
is the game now, how long can he get by? & has it been this for a while?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

He's been a lot more active with touring since Uni cut their funding. I'd venture to say this is what keeps gn'r operations going since 05/06.

Think it was Izzy said he didn't expect to hear from Axl regards to a reunion until he was broke, then the phone call would be something like this: (axl) "you know izz, I've been thinking.."

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl lives in a Mediterranean style compound that was valued last year at $3.8 million, a price tag fairly typical for the neighbourhood. He moved into the canyon in 1992, paying a mortgage of about $15,000 a month. -RS, 2000

He has some steep standards of living judging by that. And those sports cars take up a lot of gas...

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:
johndivney wrote:

interesting people are finally starting to question axl's finances publicly - by that i mean not us on the msgboards but stern/truck & now canter in a press interview.

i know it's all speculation but i'd say he prob has healthy personal wealth, but in terms of the GnR organisation i dunno so much. it may account for the neverending tour - a vicious cycle unto itself if the case: if you consider the late starts/curfew breaks that are still the rule rather than exception, the profit will never be as great as it could be after all these years even w/o the [real] top-hatted one..

ty apex-twin btw. very revealing interview all told.

Umm btw that was Stern just shooting off lol I doubt he knows how much Axl's got stashed away though, well then again neither does any of us.

lol I love how folks work in another  " real top hatted" reference, though it may/is true still it's not helping matters in regards to Axl and his feelings on the matter so suffice it to say, he won't STILL care (for the record neither does DJ, hell he respects him so bother to get him still?). To Bono, no one will ignore shit so give that a rest, dear.  Hell they both know what happened between them so both need to stop with the "I don't know why he's angry, what he wants from me" BS (Slash mainly)

something else that went down between them that we'll never know.  (Women, songs, money, maybe even sexual tension b/t, (well it is LA:nervous:)  hell I dunno at this point everything else has been discussed to death lol )

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Fantastic interview.

Just goes to show that over all our suspicions over the years haven't been a million miles off.

The reasons for the hatred etc is mostly down to miscommunication, yes man trying to keep Axl happy telling different stories to different people and we end up with two people thinking they are lieing about each other.

The comments regarding Axls 'inner circle' is interesting as well, he clearly feels the same way that most of us always have.

Canter might think that wives, girlfriends, managers would be miles away should reunion talks ever be a reality, I'm not so sure, I can certainly think of one 'mom' who will be hard to shake off.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Canter might think that wives, girlfriends, managers would be miles away should reunion talks ever be a reality, I'm not so sure, I can certainly think of one 'mom' who will be hard to shake off.

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

roll
Don't get why folks get giddy when others try to have a go at Axl's inner circle, how they're relationship is none of our biz but if anything she might actually get the point, I worry about Mrs. Slash and/or Steve's mom for the sake of debate.

Board footer