You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: House

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't love this last season.  It almost seemed like they didn't plan on this being their last season so they just threw a whole bunch of story lines out there along the way to get as much going on as possible.  Chase almost dying and getting paralyzed, yet being completely back to normal the next episode.  Then they whole Wilson ordeal. 

They took the Eastbound and Down approach to the finale with the fake death.  In both cases I think it would've made more sense to just kill the character off.  But this way, I guess fans of the show are happier.

I stopped watching the last 2 seasons.  Caught last year's season finale and watch a few episodes of this year (mostly the Wilson cancer episodes).

I also would have prefered that he died.  The fake death scenario has so many plot holes that I can't ignore.  I found most of the episode to be pretty dreary to be honest.  They been analyzing House for the past few years, it's no different here.  I would have just shitcanned the POTW story.  In the last few episodes they've been pretty much useless.

I can't say I totally hated it though.  I liked the funeral scene and there were a few surprises from some past characters whom I did not expect to show up.  I liked the montage at the end where they showed what happened to the characters.  Most of season 6 was far worse than this episode.

On Lisa Edelstein (actress who played Cuddy), she must be really pissed at the producers as she refused interviews about the show.  I've read complaints that they should have had Cuddy there, but when the actor wants nothing to do with the show, how can you possibly blame the showrunners for that?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah this season lagged on for me. I got to the point I couldn't wait for it to end. And I agree about the last episode. The old characters coming back and funeral scene were the highlights. Is it just me or was that the slowest building fire ever?

It would have been nice to see Cuddy again. Doesn't make much sense to have the 2nd most important character not show up in the finale. I guess there is still some bad blood there. I thought she left willingly. Maybe they were pissed at her for leaving the show?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't love this last season.  It almost seemed like they didn't plan on this being their last season so they just threw a whole bunch of story lines out there along the way to get as much going on as possible.  Chase almost dying and getting paralyzed, yet being completely back to normal the next episode.  Then they whole Wilson ordeal. 

They took the Eastbound and Down approach to the finale with the fake death.  In both cases I think it would've made more sense to just kill the character off.  But this way, I guess fans of the show are happier.

That was fucked up how Eastbound and Down ended. The ending was SO POWERFUL with Kenny just... dying. It was fitting. It was right. It felt like the correct closure for that character.

And then the added on, OBVIOUS alternate ending with the Hollywood-esque ending keeping him alive was just unnecessary, and was obviously only done just in case they decide to bring it back, or bring the character back in a movie, because he's been so popular.

It was just unnecessary, and basically watered-down a great finale, like dropping a big piece of ice in a great glass of bourbon. It didn't ruin it, but it did take great to "okay".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I think the same thing could be said for House.  He was such a miserable character, that it would've made sense if he did die.  Instead he gets to live without anyone else knowing except his best friend who's going to die in 5 months.  They could've come up with something better than that I think.  House is at least smart enough to pull off a fake death.  There's no way Kenny Powers could pull that off for any length of time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well with Eastbound, they tried to play the reverse of it. That Kenny didn't really have to kill himself. No one really cared, beyond his entourage and deadbeat parents. Kenny could've easily just quit baseball, went to April & Toby, and had the family and home he never had. April even mentioned how ridiculous it was he did what he did and bleached his hair, and all of it was unnecessary, but Kenny "no it had to be this way, not the other".

The reality is, no different than Kenny blaring the Candlebox songs on a boom box at his dead friend's funeral so he could 'make it about him', Kenny running to April is a complete contridiction of the character and everything he's been about from day one, which I assume is the same problem with House.

I personally think Danny McBride wrote it like that just to piss the fans off, no different than David Chase with the end of The Sopranos.

Board footer