You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Remember when...

polluxlm wrote:

...a studio cut of Chinese Democracy was but an elusive dream? To compensate the forums were littered with more or less mythical stories of people who had heard it but somehow was never able to get a recording of it.

Here are some of the cheese picks I remember:

-The fat kid who met Axl in the street. Our beloved red head then allegedly gave the kid a ride in his car while blasting CD all the way through.

-The carpenter who did a job in an apartment. In the CD player there just happened to be studio recordings of new GN'R music. Never got to make a copy obviously.

-The kid who walked by Universal HQ and apparently heard CD songs being played through a window. Recorded a few seconds of The Blues on his legendary crappy cell phone, a clip which of course was scrutinized for months on HTGTH back in 05.

-The last one dates back to the stone age. I think it was around 2001. Some mods over at Hell had everyone fooled that there was a forgotten B side made by the old band that was more epic than NR and Estranged put together. Entire lyrics were invented before the joke got blown. The song was called "Labyrinth".

johndivney wrote:

what was the website that had a countdown or something?

My memory is really hazy on shit like this...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

...a studio cut of Chinese Democracy was but an elusive dream? To compensate the forums were littered with more or less mythical stories of people who had heard it but somehow was never able to get a recording of it.

Here are some of the cheese picks I remember:

-The fat kid who met Axl in the street. Our beloved red head then allegedly gave the kid a ride in his car while blasting CD all the way through.

This one is an absolutely 100% true story..... if we were talking about U2 and Bono. I wonder if this fat kid read the interview in Rolling Stone where the other members of U2 mentioned Bono doing this exact thing with No Line on the Horizon before it was released and then he just took the story  and applied it to Axl and Chinese Democracy.

As for the others yes I remember all those stories. Good times 14

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

so bono abducted a fat kid?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm trying to forget the past however many years to be honest.  It's taken me this long to become an occasionally sane poster.

nugdafied wrote:

My favorite one was when the kid put 'Better' on over his schools PA system and everyone started dancing in the hallways.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm trying to forget the past however many years to be honest.  It's taken me this long to become an occasionally sane poster.

I think I like a sedated Buzz....and yes, I am trying to forget the past too.

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

My favorite one was when the kid put 'Better' on over his schools PA system and everyone started dancing in the hallways.

I actually did this once in highschool but with Hair of the Dog off TSI? It was awesome. I set it up in the vice principle's office and it played for a good 3 minutes untill the actual principle figure out where it was coming from.  I had time to casually walk down the hallways, go into the library and sit down with some friends. I made sure I was far away from the crime scene as possible. When the principle finally turned it off a few other kids told me later that they saw him take the tape out of the player and stomp on it on the floor.  This was confirmed later when I looked in the garbage can of the vice principle's office and the tape was sure enough destroyed. Oh well it was totally worth it and I never got caught even though everyone, minus the teachers knew who did it. It was Guns N' Roses afterall so duh 16 Nobody ratted me out though and it became one of those great highschool moments when Gn'R blasted over the speakers for at least 3 minutes in the middle of the school day.

"Now you're messing with a,  a son of a bitch!"

Teachers were not impressed 14

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

We did that with Metallica's version of So What?

Anyway, the gnfr.com website and darknemus meeting Axl's girlfriend. Anyone?

Board footer