You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Lewbowski to me is very much like Anchorman or Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everyone tells you how funny it is, you finally watch it and think "meh" then a second watch down the road, and it gets a TON funnier.

Ill give Lebowski another go sometime if its that kind of movie. I liked the movie but it didn't live up to the hype

The Big Lebowski is very much a "cult like" movie, as far as having die hard fans.  You either love it or could care less.  Friends of mine in college were obsessed with the movie and I had never seen it.  They watched it countless times so it began to sink in and I learned to love it.  It may be an acquired taste.  Great performances in that movie from the 3 main characters, Bridges, Buscemi, and Goodman.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bono wrote:
Rex wrote:

What didn't you like about it, Bono? I liked it, but I'm curious as to why you didn't.

It was a matter of been there done that. Almost identical story as the first Spider-Man with minor differences. Terrible story and the interaction between Stone and Garfield was as aweful and awkward as Toby and Kristen Dunst. Overall it was a pointless movie that added nothing from the Toby McGuirre movies and I thought those were garbage to begin with. Plus I thought it was fucking stupid that

Hidden Text:

his ability to shoot webs was reliant upon a  mechanical device he created

so......

I just saw this and can agree with Bono's review.  This was really boring and long.  I kept on waiting for something (ok anything) to happen and it just moved really slowly.  I kept on thinking about the first Spiderman film (2002 one) when I was watching this as a lot of the plot is borrowed from that film.  The only difference between Mcguire and Garfield in their portrayal of Spiderman is that they tried to make this Spiderman more angsty and angry and it just doesn't work.  Oh yeah, the villian wasn't very interesting or engaging at all.

Hidden Text:

I really wish that they had spent a lot more time discussing his parents death instead as that seem to be the one plotline I found mildly interesting.

As an aside, I saw that trailer for the new Twilight film and I nearly LOL in an almost empty theater.  I can't believe people pay to see that franchise.  The acting is just so bad and cheesy.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

We tried (yes, tried) to watch The Babymakers a couple nights ago. I bailed 30 mins in to do laundry, and Russ bailed 10 minutes before the end. Terrible.

johndivney wrote:

re: the big lebowski

p much every single line or action in that film is hilarious. the coens are almost always funny (tho they went a bit shit for a few yrs before No Country) but they perfected it on the big lewbowski.
watched it again a few months ago (for about the 1000th time). first time i'd seen it in a couple of yrs & it just made me so happy & made me laugh so damn hard. it's perfect. it is the most perfect script & so many great performances - career highs from almost everyone - buscemi is so underrated in that film, the scene where walter pulls the gun on smokey for instance, or when he asks the dude what does he need his johnson for! omg that film... fucking perfection.
i hate the fucking eagles, man.

CM Punk
 Rep: 2 

CM Punk wrote:

Just saw Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes back. Always enjoy watching some Star Wars when alone, and with some chips and a coca=cola makes a perfect day for me. Just glad Darth Vadar isn't my father, seems like a dick move to cut off your son's hand.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just saw the new Bourne. Meh. Would be good if we weren't spoiled from Bourne. Hopefully this was just a filler to bring back Damon.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just saw the new Bourne. Meh. Would be good if we weren't spoiled from Bourne. Hopefully this was just a filler to bring back Damon.

My brother said the same thing. said the story sucked and it was basically a 2 hour chase scene. Makes me have no desire to see it which is too bad. Some good actors in it but sounds like the story si just dumb

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They talked about Bourne the whole movie, to keep him relevant

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Watched Zombieland last night, pretty good horror-comedy, and Emma Stone looked pretty good too, when usually I don't rate her

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Watched Zombieland last night, pretty good horror-comedy, and Emma Stone looked pretty good too, when usually I don't rate her

Love love Zombieland. Great comedic performances, character depth and characters you actually care about, special effects, and great make up and costume design! PLUS..BILL FUCKING MURRAY!!! 14  Emma Stone is a great actress for this generation cause she can seem to do it all right now plus in the words of GNR, So Fine!

Board footer