You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Hobbit - Production video #6

Bono wrote:

new trailer just released today 22

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not too big a fan of the LOTR trilogy (films, books are excellent). But this looks pretty good. The Hobbit is a more self contained story, should come off better on film.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hoping they are able to find a way to do a trilogy with this properly! Loved the trailer. Everything looks better and I'm glad they were able to make some of the recurring characters a tad younger for this film. So excited!!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Hoping they are able to find a way to do a trilogy with this properly! Loved the trailer. Everything looks better and I'm glad they were able to make some of the recurring characters a tad younger for this film. So excited!!

From what I understand it will be a two parter. Not a trilogy

polluxulm wrote:

Not too big a fan of the LOTR trilogy (films, books are excellent). But this looks pretty good. The Hobbit is a more self contained story, should come off better on film.

I thought the movies were amazing especially given the scope of LOTR. I don't think they could've been done any better and the few things that he did change or leave out don't hurt the story at all in my opinion.  But there was no way they' ever be able to do the books complete justice. Its just too big a  story.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh ok! From what I've heard from various websites like IGN is that Jackson wanted to fund a trilogy even though it was originally set as just two films. He wanted to go deeper into the mythology and other adventures during the time period of The Hobbit that are described a little in the book besides the main plot points. That's from what I've heard.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's been confirmed that The Hobbit will be a trilogy.

Man, the second trailer looks sweet. December can't get here fast enough.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yesterday I saw a movie and they showed the second trailer in 3D and it looked much better and polished. Loving this film more & more. So excited for December!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Saw this yesterday....I was kinda dissapointed

They changed a lot.of.stuff from the book and even added stuff....easily half the movie coulda been cut

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I heard this sucked. I've kinda decided to skip it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I saw it last night, and it took a while to get moving, but once it did, I thought it was really great!

Board footer