You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

monkeychow wrote:

I think it could go a lot like the Trunk interview...with Axl in a friendly and funny mood - but with not many substantial questions asked of him - just a recap for the non-hardcores that he's got a new band and they just toured the world and are now resident in vegas etc

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it could go a lot like the Trunk interview...with Axl in a friendly and funny mood - but with not many substantial questions asked of him - just a recap for the non-hardcores that he's got a new band and they just toured the world and are now resident in vegas etc

I'm getting the same vibe too, Monkey! Not a problem for me. I just want to see something of an interview and Axl being interested in answering the questions given by Kimmel. Also to see him having a good time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah, like some have said, these interviews are basically scripted anyway.  They have pre-interviews where they go over things they want to talk about so they're not caught off guard with any questions.  Again, the interviews aren't very lengthy.  It's not like he's going for a sit down one hour interview.  Kimmel pretty much has to stick to the script to fit everything in to the allotted time.  So there will be no Slash questions or anything of the like unless Axl requests to talk about it himself.  And it won't be Kimmel's fault for not asking those questions.  And EVERY guest does this, it's not an "Axl thing". 

Just promoting the Vegas shows, maybe the O2 DVD, hopefully the band itself.  A few funny stories along the way.  Axl poking fun at himself, humanizing himself to the public.  All, or any of that done, and mission accomplished.

The only interview that could get real in depth would be with Howard Stern, or some sort of radio personality where they can give the guests free reign.  TV is not the medium for that, so let's not get our expectations all out of whack.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

let's not get our expectations all out of whack.

I don't think that is even remotleya  problem. I can't speak for anyone else but when I heard about this I thought "Oh that's cool". Nothing more nothing less. Had this taken place 4-6 years ago we'd all be shitting our pants now it's kinda like yeah I'll watch it if I remember or I'll be sure to pvr it. I have zero expectations to be honest. Hearing something about new music would be nice though.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

let's not get our expectations all out of whack.

I don't think that is even remotleya  problem. I can't speak for anyone else but when I heard about this I thought "Oh that's cool". Nothing more nothing less. Had this taken place 4-6 years ago we'd all be shitting our pants now it's kinda like yeah I'll watch it if I remember or I'll be sure to pvr it. I have zero expectations to be honest. Hearing something about new music would be nice though.

Yeah, I just keep reading about how people hope this interview is better than the TMS interview.  People seem to be setting themselves up to be disappointed.  It's good promotion.  Nothing more, nothing less.  We're not going to find out any deep secrets from the past, present, or future.  If anything, vague plans for the future may be shared.  But even that, I doubt.

With that being said, I think this IS a great sign.  When/if there IS something concrete to promote in the future as far as new music goes, as long as things go smoothly, this avenue can be taken again.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I cannot see ANY bad on these recent moves by Axl's camp! Go team brazil!

Even if it's a scripted clusterfuck it's promo and it's a move in the right way.

The mimimi of "he should've done that before" is obvious and doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Even if it leads to nothing it may set some wheels in motion for the future and the record company and the powers that be may be more available for a release if they see Axl willing to get it out there and do proper promo.

faldor

faldor wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I cannot see ANY bad on these recent moves by Axl's camp! Go team brazil!

Even if it's a scripted clusterfuck it's promo and it's a move in the right way.

The mimimi of "he should've done that before" is obvious and doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Even if it leads to nothing it may set some wheels in motion for the future and the record company and the powers that be may be more available for a release if they see Axl willing to get it out there and do proper promo.

Exactly, at the very least it shows that Axl is willing to "play the game" at least in some small part.  That can only help with future efforts.  Unless of course, he no shows on Kimmel or he has a mental breakdown live on air.  Then, maybe it was a bad idea. 18

But yeah, very good sign indeed.  Team Brazil scores another one.  I know they've gotten a lot of flak and people still refuse to give them credit until they get new music out.  But from my vantage point, they're doing a pretty solid job.  The band has been run in a somewhat "normal" fashion for the last couple of years.  And that says a lot considering recent history.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool cant wait to check this out

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, I just keep reading about how people hope this interview is better than the TMS interview.

It won't take much to be better than TMS interview, though 16

Maybe Axl just can't say no to Beta as his manager. So far, so good...

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Perfect time to announce a new album

haha, you're funny.

Not saying it's GOING to happen, just saying it would be a good oppurtunity

Board footer