You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Respect

You are right Stacy. All of us don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or disrespected on this site. We all want to feel welcome and part of a community on here. I try to be a nice and respectful person to everyone I meet. Even when people don't treat me the same way. I've meet some cool people on here that have great tastes in music and culture; so that has helped me alot when I'm feeling down in the dumps. I like to thank people like you, Russ, faldor, Axlin and everyone else that have been really cool to share opinions or discuss  topics with.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ummmm...men are pigs?

Agree 5

metallex78 wrote:

Just saw this thread, and I think I contributed to the Taylor Swift thread with exactly what you're talking about. So apologies in advance Stacey.

Although in my defense, this place does feel like a bit of a boys club.
And considering the band this page is for (Guns N' Fucking Roses), who in my mind are the epitome of everything macho and male testosterone-driven about rock n roll, so I tend to use more colourful language than I probably should... 16

Edit. Just look at the background art of this site too. I'd think the robot rape scene would be enough to scare away most women from here, let alone some men beating their chests with some tongue in cheek sexist remarks.

Yeah, I saw your comments there too, but chose to let that slide. wink

I'm not asking you guys to watch your mouths or anything. If you sat with me at work, you would likely be put to shame by some of the language that comes out of my mouth daily. (I work with truckers) So I understand what colorful language is and use it freely.

I'm really just looking for a little more respect when talking about women in general. We're not objects, we're people. We're not a piece of anything, we're women.

-D- wrote:

Well said Stacey. I am a guy and I cringe when guys start with that kind of macho shit. I'm not a fan of it either.

Glad to know it's not just me 14

Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

You are right Stacy. All of us don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or disrespected on this site. We all want to feel welcome and part of a community on here. I try to be a nice and respectful person to everyone I meet. Even when people don't treat me the same way. I've meet some cool people on here that have great tastes in music and culture; so that has helped me alot when I'm feeling down in the dumps. I like to thank people like you, Russ, faldor, Axlin and everyone else that have been really cool to share opinions or discuss  topics with.

Don't take it as me thinking I'm disrespected. You guys don't direct those comments to ME, so I don't take it personally.

Maybe what I'm asking for is for you guys to just keep it in your pants a little bit in the general discussion areas? If you guys need to get together and circle jerk over some hot chick, create a Hot Chick thread and stick it there so we all know what we're getting into when we look?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

We could setup a censored word/phrase list in the forums code to automatically make us sound more gentlemanly smile Sounds easier than being polite tongue

johndivney wrote:

hey sorry

i was just being flippant

i enjoy being rude. but if it's that big a deal i can stop being suck a dick sometimes.

seriously, sorry.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I actually think there actually is a "hot chick" discussion, that maybe James created, and if it will keep the ladies happy, I'll keep my remarks to that thread.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
-D- wrote:

I am a guy and I cringe when guys start with that kind of macho shit. I'm not a fan of it either.

fwiw that wasn't my intention.

i'm not gonna deny i have thoughts of degrading women. it's just part of life. & i know women who have thoughts of degrading men, & women who have thoughts of degrading other women. & i'm sure i know some men who have thoughts of degrading other men.
but i'm kinda saying it aloud just for shock value, y'know? i'm just fucking around really.
i don't mean any offence. in a desperate way i'm trying to be funny. just having a laugh, or trying.

you're gonna die someday, y'know. life's too short not to laugh. once you're dead you're dead & you'll have wasted time being grumpy or offended. please don't, i'm really not worth your energy.
& don't waste it not thinking or talking about fucking either. fucking is great. you should embrace it.

but seriously, i will try & watch what i say. but genuinely i meant no harm.

johndivney wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Although in my defense, this place does feel like a bit of a boys club.
And considering the band this page is for (Guns N' Fucking Roses), who in my mind are the epitome of everything macho and male testosterone-driven about rock n roll, so I tend to use more colourful language than I probably should... 16

nah mate, you're right.

it's fucking rock n roll. i fucking love it. it's the freedom of rock n roll i love & all it brings with it.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Will wrote:

We could setup a censored word/phrase list in the forums code to automatically make us sound more gentlemanly smile Sounds easier than being polite tongue

maybe give us the option to view it censored or not?
not to be an ass but censoring on a gnr site? it doesn't sound really ok with me. maybe we should start with the lyrics pages?

i get what stacey is saying because i don't use that sort of language in real life or on the internet but some people obviously do, so why censor them?
some of us came here because we were censored at other sites, maybe it's not ideal to start that here, even if it's just a few words.

some people use that language, that's how they are and you will meet them in the real world too, what will you do then?

and i think everyone on this forum is intelligent enough that after reading this thread will be more careful about their language without a 'censored word/phrase list'.

p.s. bono's thread was asking for jokes/foul language by the nature of the subject so that's not a very good example. what about 'lofton's daily hot celebrity piece of ass thread' 16 ?

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
supaplex wrote:

p.s. bono's thread was asking for jokes/foul language by the nature of the subject so that's not a very good example.

Not true. 2

He was talking about dating, which doesn't automatically mean JUST sex or JUST talking about a woman in an objectifying way. It could very well have been a productive conversation without the degradation.

Board footer