You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Soundgarden Discussion (King Animal out NOW!)

jimmythegent wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well....they did it. Not only did they hit a grand slam, they knocked it clear out the stadium. Having said that, getting small clips of SG songs is not a true indication of the entire song. Their songs can go in the opposite direction in a matter of seconds.

Only listened once and will not listen anymore until the album leaks. It has to be appreciated in full. Not gonna burn myself out on clips. I'm glad you posted it though. It has a different sound than the other albums judging by these clips and the full songs heard(par for the SG course), but it definitely leans more towards DOTU than any of the others, which I expected.

Cornell's approach to his vocals seems to be different this time as well.

To those hearing Superunknown on prior clips/songs, do you still hear it?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:

Well....they did it. Not only did they hit a grand slam, they knocked it clear out the stadium. Having said that, getting small clips of SG songs is not a true indication of the entire song. Their songs can go in the opposite direction in a matter of seconds.

Only listened once and will not listen anymore until the album leaks. It has to be appreciated in full. Not gonna burn myself out on clips. I'm glad you posted it though. It has a different sound than the other albums judging by these clips and the full songs heard(par for the SG course), but it definitely leans more towards DOTU than any of the others, which I expected.

Cornell's approach to his vocals seems to be different this time as well.

To those hearing Superunknown on prior clips/songs, do you still hear it?

Your post is making it really hard to maintain my resolve to not listen to any more clips before this album drops. 

I really don't want to listen to these clips.  Or any others that will come out between now and then.  When the album drops I want to sit in a dark room with good headphones and listen through. 

So far though, not liking the idea of By Crooked Steps.  It sounds like  a Carry On song.  But that's only from a clip.  So after that, I've decided to wait.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Listened only half way through and gave it the thumbs up. I don't want to spoil the rest.

Such a beautiful sound to hear. It's like these guys never left. It warms my cold heart to know that someone out there is still making this kinda music, and it still has SOUL in it. You believe it. You feel it. I hear it all over it. PJ moved on years ago... but AIC was the only dudes left once they reformed. Nice to see SG back like they never left.

James

James wrote:

http://www.dr.dk/p3/programmer/smag-paa … #clip14779

First five songs streaming in their entirety. Full album leak obviously only hours away. Only listened once but By Crooked Steps, A Thousand Days Before, and Blood on the Valley Floor are epic.

Not listening anymore until it leaks in full. Dont want it song by song. Almost didn't listen to this stream but I had to. Zero willpower when it comes to new SG music.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Unbelieveable... a new Soundgarden album is literally on our doorstep - these guys couldnt put out a lousy album if they tried

Going to be epic..

James

James wrote:

Broke down and listened a few more times. By Crooked Steps is definitely the best song we've heard so far. If there's something on the album better than that song, I may be shitting my pants very soon....

James

James wrote:
smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

What I've heard so far is bad ASS. But I'm waiting to buy on the rest. I haven't done shrooms in more than 10 years, but I think I may put out a feeler for this release...

Board footer