You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: US Presidential Debates

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

So who is going to win?

As a casual, distant outsider I can't understand why it's so close, or meant to be close. But yea is it really like 50/50 atm??

I truely doubt it's that close. Don't believe everything the media tells you. Now if you drive down most streets in my area, county to county, you see tons of Romney/Ryan signs.

Everyone is talking Romney.

But I don't buy it. Polls are saying 50/50, but early returns are already decidedly Obama. Obama won in 2008 with 2/3 of the entire vote, despite the media saying it was 50/50 then.

I just think people are gonna vote Obama, but the public senement is so negative that people don't really want the ensuing argument, despite the majority voting Obama.

If its close, then i'm wrong. But I think Obama takes it easily, and i'll be voting for him to do it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
johndivney wrote:

So who is going to win?

As a casual, distant outsider I can't understand why it's so close, or meant to be close. But yea is it really like 50/50 atm??

It isn't that close.  Romney closed the gap with the first debate performance but since then it has been all Obama.

Check the "swing state" polls, most of them have Obama ahead and he has a much better GOTV operation than Romney.

Obama has also been doing really well in early voting in several key states (like FL and NC).

I think Obama gets 300+ Electoral College votes and wins the popular vote by 3-5%.

I almost hate to pull this argument out but most of the media wanted a horse race and that's probably why the perception was that this race was close.  But if you tracked the "swing state" polls most of them showed Obama slightly ahead.

And he absolutely wiped out Romney in that 3rd debate on foreign which very few people probably.

Also, his path to reelection was a lot easier than Romney's path to election.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Romney scares me for some reason. For the record my voting since I was 18: Gore Bush McCain now Obama.

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

Romney scares me for some reason. For the record my voting since I was 18: Gore Bush McCain now Obama.

The Bush v Kerry election was very week.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Obama won.

And guess what.... it wasn't close at all. Obama CRUSHED Romney. Now granted the popular vote was close, but the horror was in the details. Romney didn't win Paul Ryan's home state of Wisconsin. Romney didn't win Massachusetts, where it was governor.

That alone is embarassing for a campaign.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Obama won.

And guess what.... it wasn't close at all. Obama CRUSHED Romney. Now granted the popular vote was close, but the horror was in the details. Romney didn't win Paul Ryan's home state of Wisconsin. Romney didn't win Massachusetts, where it was governor.

That alone is embarassing for a campaign.

Romney has 4 home states and he lost all of them: Michigan (grew up there), New Hampshire (mansion), Massachusetts (former governor), and California (mansion). Paul Ryan turned out to be a worthless VP pick. At least he didn't hurt Romney, unlike Palin who torpedoed McCain's chance of winning. But it's pretty sad that Romney lost Ryan's Congressional district. Ryan won re-election in his district but lost the vote for POTUS/VP.

Board footer