You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: GN'R Filming: How is it financed?

DCK wrote:

I'd love to be paid 70k and get nothing released.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Hang on a minute, he wrote some videos for the 09 tour which wasn't approved but they paid him 70k to start the job? Either you did or didn't commission the job.

That's exactly what I thought.

DCK the whole thread was deleted. The first quote was what the original poster wrote, the second quote was from Beta. Sorry for the confusion.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am so bored of ALL of this......just sayin.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

The state we, GN'R fans, are in?

I mean, we should be discussing the perspective of a new album or new songs or new stuff...

Instead we're on the same old same old of trying hard to find things worth speaking about GN'R that isn't Lebeis' related.

Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am so bored of ALL of this......just sayin.

Board of what?

speculation....and the Beta/Team Brazil stuff is sooooooo played out. Peter Grant was an asshole too as are thousands of other  alleged "managers". Axl runs the show. Period. I think we all need to accept the fact that it all comes down to him and him only. You wouldn't even know of Beta or met Beta had it not been for Axl dragging them in.

As for the topic, as I have said a million times before, Axl's finances and the bands finances, whether back in the day or now, aren't our business. We are fans. We want product. I am pretty sure he is doing quite well...as are all the original band members.

Speculating on shit like this is silly. Who really cares? I do like to see factual legal documents where you get the real skinny on things. Threads like this just don't interest me just as the ripping of Beta doesn't interest me. It was a fucking joke. Let it go. She was a bitch to Stacey. Ok. We get it. India here we come. 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Either you did or didn't commission the job.

Not necessarily. Maybe the full job was $140k - but he was given $70k to make a test real - and if that was approved then he would be paid the rest and the rest of the job would be green lit.

As for threads about Axl's wealth - while it's none of our business - it can be nice to know simply to provide understanding of some of the things that seem like madness.

Like if you knew for a fact that Axl has living expenses of X dollars per year, but only X in liquid assets, then it's easier to understand why the band might tour instead of developing recording projects.

Or if we knew that record label wanted X share of CD royalities, but insisted Axl pay for promo himself, then we'd understand why there was no promo.

Or if we knew it was going to cost X to make a new record, but Axl only had Y...then you could see why it never gets made.

None of our business, but for those of us who follow all this closely - it might explain why things don't always go as we'd like.

For my part I'd love to know if there's business reasons why they don't do just an itunes single or something. You know like record sailing, or even one of the other covers - so there's no creative strain, you know bumble and DJ and co are chomping at the bit for it, then smash it out there to shut up fans. I'd be curious to know if that doesn't happen just cos they don't want to , or if its a label problem, or cash flow or sickness or what.

Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Board of what?

speculation....and the Beta/Team Brazil stuff is sooooooo played out. Peter Grant was an asshole too as are thousands of other  alleged "managers". Axl runs the show. Period. I think we all need to accept the fact that it all comes down to him and him only. You wouldn't even know of Beta or met Beta had it not been for Axl dragging them in.

As for the topic, as I have said a million times before, Axl's finances and the bands finances, whether back in the day or now, aren't our business. We are fans. We want product. I am pretty sure he is doing quite well...as are all the original band members.

Speculating on shit like this is silly. Who really cares? I do like to see factual legal documents where you get the real skinny on things. Threads like this just don't interest me just as the ripping of Beta doesn't interest me. It was a fucking joke. Let it go. She was a bitch to Stacey. Ok. We get it. India here we come. 17

Sounds like you may have more than a few threads mixed up here.

You think! tommy 14

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Mate you may not like talking about this stuff but from what I can tell quite a few people here do including myself.

Would I prefer to be talking about new music - yes. But sadly I can't see that happening anytime soon. So either I stop logging in here until that happens or I find other shit to talk about.

I get that you don't care about this shit, but why come in and post saying people who are talking about it are being silly and how you don't care about it. When I see topics on here I don't care about I usually just ignore them.  I don't log in to a NHL or Super Bowl thread just so i can tell all those people they are wasting their time talkin about it because I don't care about NHL and Amerian football and anything they say won't change the outcomes of the games etc.

Board footer