You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Rant Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Never underestimate a mans desire to go online.

006.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Man oh man Axlin, you sound beaten down brother.
Watching a parent go through an evil illness when they have done nothing to deserve such pain is a bastard, I've been there with my own mother but she got through.

My father had an accident two years ago and his short term memory is now gone. He can't drive without my mother to guide him as he gets lost in the town he grew up in (he's 73).

This is a man that can tell you where he was on 5th December 1951 but couldn't remember being at his brothers funeral the week before.

He's frightened, and to hide that fear he's grumpy, putting people down and getting very edgy. The man I worshipped is gone forever and I just have to accept that.

If we were to be brutally honest, nature wants us making babies at 12 and get off the stage at about 40. That was good enough for thousands of years.
We live so well compared to our ancestors we are literally defying nature. If this was 1813, my Dad would be dead about 20 years at this stage and I'd have about 8 years of natural life left.

I am seriously thinking of just reading some of the Dali Lama's books as apparently they help you come to peaceful terms with this kind of shit.

Any body up to speed on his work?

That's tough man. I can't say that i'm too far removed from it.

My life could be ALOT worse than it is. But when you spend years and years being thankful, thinking positive that you forget to kind of look at yourself in the mirror, then you do, and you have that "what the fuck is wrong" moment, then everybody turns around and goes, "you're just not thankful enough, you don't think positive enough".

I was literally, and still am the guy that helps everyone else. Keeps everyone else's head above water. Saves others from themselves, from life, bails people out. That's me. And for now it's been enough, but unlike Bruce Wayne, I don't feel as if I owe them. I ask myself why I do it, when I never ever am given the same consideration in return.

That's where I struggle.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Never underestimate a mans desire to go online.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267 … lm/006.jpg

I found this beauty for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0024 … s=keyboard

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I was literally, and still am the guy that helps everyone else. Keeps everyone else's head above water. Saves others from themselves, from life, bails people out. That's me. And for now it's been enough, but unlike Bruce Wayne, I don't feel as if I owe them. I ask myself why I do it, when I never ever am given the same consideration in return.

That's where I struggle.

Sometimes you have to help yourself before you worry about anybody else.  It's not selfish.  It's why they tell you to on an airplane to put your mask on before helping someone else...you can't help someone effectively if you're not in the right place yourself.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That's where I struggle.

What buzz said too, but really you do it because you like to do it. You wouldn't if you didn't. And if you don't like to help people without any consideration or return, stop. And people will learn.
I once went $6000 into debt for someone else and it was the most absurd thing I ever did. I never got even a hint of appreciation, let alone repayment. It wasn't even the money, either. It was the principle of the thing.

But basically long story short, if you don't get enjoyment or fulfillment from helping others, stop doing it. You're not doing anyone a disservice. People need to learn to not depend on others when they are capable.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've got severe man flu at the minute. Nose constantly dripping, sore head, scratchy throat, constant moaning to the missus (who is very unsympathetic I gotta say). I hacked up what looked like half a lung earlier today, so much phlem it wouldn't wash down the plug hole 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've been feeling like crap lately, I attribute it to being overworked and underappreciated ... And generally Being old lol

Anyway I've worked myself ragged this year on a major project, saved client millions of dollars, but its a case of hero for a day cuz yesterday there was a meeting that basically turned out to be a shit on me session

Here u get one person working on a $100million dollar file with little to no support and we wonder why its taking so long, I don't get paid enough for this crap

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That's where I struggle.

What buzz said too, but really you do it because you like to do it. You wouldn't if you didn't. And if you don't like to help people without any consideration or return, stop. And people will learn.
I once went $6000 into debt for someone else and it was the most absurd thing I ever did. I never got even a hint of appreciation, let alone repayment. It wasn't even the money, either. It was the principle of the thing.

But basically long story short, if you don't get enjoyment or fulfillment from helping others, stop doing it. You're not doing anyone a disservice. People need to learn to not depend on others when they are capable.

I can't stop helping people. I just can't.

It's what I do. Some things have no hidden agenda, no origin... they simply are. And that aspect of my personality is inherent.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That's where I struggle.

I can't stop helping people. I just can't.

It's what I do. Some things have no hidden agenda, no origin... they simply are. And that aspect of my personality is inherent.

And that's totally fine, but you can't say you struggle with it. If you accept that is what you are, then leave it at that and move on.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't stuggle with helping people. At all. What I struggle with is the complete lack of help for me if and when I need it.

But I don't need it, because i'm that damn good. I'm not saying that to be arrogant... I don't really know what i'm complaining about. The world sucks, what else is new I guess.

Board footer