You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

She's on Universal. I'm trying to understand what this site is about. This is an interesting article about Troy Carter, Lady Gaga's manager and one of the founders of Backplane. He sold his old company to Sanctuary, I think the connection is through him.

Here's some relevant points;

The Backplane aims to gather content and interaction into one hub, which could completely alter the economics of Hollywood: revenue that once flowed to corporations will flow to artists. "Up until this point, we've been data dumb," Carter says. "If a kid goes and buys a CD at Best Buy, we have no idea who the person is, how many times they listen to it, or anything like that. But we're building to the point where one day we're going to have access to all of the data. There will be a time where we'll be able to release music through the Backplane, where we'll be able to release music videos through there, we're going to be able to sell all our tickets through there. Over a period of time, we'll be able to build that audience so they'll know exactly where to come."

For now, though, he plans to use it as an exclusive place to sell concert tickets, music, videos and whatever other Lady Gaga products emerge. "She still has a deal with Universal Records," he says, "but there will come a time when she'll release music through her own site. It's not just going to be about sells. It's going to be about the streams coming through the site. For us, it's important to be able to identify who's listening to what. We want to own that data. We have to own that data."

Interesting. We know there is a hold up over the next cd, maybe Axl is looking for new ways to release the music.

AtomsNest

AtomsNest wrote:

double post

AtomsNest

AtomsNest wrote:

It's also worth noting that with these Backplane sites, the artist is supposed to engage with the fanbase quite a bit. Maybe this is why they've said Slash and Duff might post, though I can't believe they are being serious. Reading how Gaga operates on her site, it'll be interesting to see what Axl does.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

It's also worth noting that with these Backplane sites, the artist is supposed to engage with the fanbase quite a bit. Maybe this is why they've said Slash and Duff might post, though I can't believe they are being serious. Reading how Gaga operates on her site, it'll be interesting to see what Axl does.

Thanks for digging up all that info. For me personally, I've been screaming for years that Axl needs to find a way to be relevant again and embracing technology would be a big step in the right direction.

Twitter is a great opportunity for Axl to connect with fans, but his posts are few and far between, and most of his post are something like "Great show in Rio, thanks for a rocking night!". Posts like these have no meaning to fans

Just throwing it out there:
Axl has 400,000 followers
Slash has 2 million followers

Any suggestions on why this is?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

Thanks for digging up all that info. For me personally, I've been screaming for years that Axl needs to find a way to be relevant again and embracing technology would be a big step in the right direction.

Twitter is a great opportunity for Axl to connect with fans, but his posts are few and far between, and most of his post are something like "Great show in Rio, thanks for a rocking night!". Posts like these have no meaning to fans

Axl has a twtter account to have one.

Slash fucking tweets... all the time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Three Reasons:

1. Slash is very active on social media and interacts with his fan base a lot. Axl doesn't tweet to the same extent and tends to be more private (the period of online chats excluded) but he's basically reclusive to the general public.

2. Slash has a stronger visibility to the younger generations that are the major uses of twitter and so on. In addition to his fame with GNR - slash has turned his tophat character into an icon - with Guitar Hero, countless guest spots with modern and 'relevant' pop artists, he's been in 3 bands since GNR and released 6 full albums released in the past 15 years. Additionally Slash plays more shows a year than Axl does in a decade. He's constantly active. Axl by contrast was AWOL for literally years and then returned with  1 album which wasn't promoted.

3. When Axl even is in the media anymore, he's presented as  somewhat of a villain.  He's being GNR without the rest of old GNR , (which to the public either makes him mad, a jerk, mean, stupid or all 4) and he's got a history of being associated with spousal abuse, homophobia, racism, riots, cancelling shows, making people wait around and so on. He's talented enough to get away with those things of course...but at the end of the day it's less controversial for a person to click "likes this" on Slash's page than Axls - and in the enviroment where Axl doesn't do much except tour classic hits with a new line up...I guess more people are aware of slash's works.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hit the nail on the head my friend! smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

How many times have people around Axl done things that it turns out they were not authorised to do? I'm just skeptical that this is coming from Axl himself. Yes it's Team Brazil, who are supposed to be better than previous managers, but who knows what's going on, there's always an issue in the world of GNR. Until something more concrete comes along, I'm holding out saying this is Axl's doing.

But even it were coming from him, I find it very hard to believe he has changed his stance on Slash, and I don't take this as an indication of that, despite it going against everything he has done until now.

There has to be other reasons why this site is all-eras and open to Slash. Maybe it's just boils down to being good business sense. I mean the official site wasn't much of a success, maybe Team Brazil/Axl realise they have to embrace the classic line-up in order to run a successful operation, and who knows what their financial conditions is, maybe Axl can longer afford to bury Slash.

I too doubt Axl has anything to do with this site, or even knows about it.  The thing that is odd is that the GNR twitter keeps pushing the site and the site in turn is pushing the ex members that Team Brazil has been so against for so many years.

So that seems like an odd sequence of events there to me.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe they finally are willing to accept that it makes more business sense to embrace the past, without necessarily going into a full on reunion.  I'd be fine with that.  Unfortunately, I would've rather them come to that conclusion prior to the RnRHOF last year.  Better late than never I guess. IF that's the case.  Who knows what's really going on.  You'd have to think they're aware that the site is catering to 21 duff , etc.  Although who knows, anything is possible with this band.

Board footer