You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

Axlin16 wrote:

The demand will never be there. Uni knows that, thus the reason they've tried to blackmail him into a reunion.

From a business standpoint, I don't blame them at all.

So

FUCKING REUNITE. I can't believe he hasn't already pulled the trigger.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I can.

How many times did Axl go to jail before he was famous? How many times after?

Doesn't strike me as a dude that's particularly good at accepting orders from people wink

He would pull that trigger ONLY if he wants to. And if he feels wronged or hurt or whatever that's unlikely.

Meanwhile back when MSL had the docs he claimed to also have leaks of the whole 2nd album....so that could be what this....then he again...he claimed to have those leaks so he could get....leaks from others...which does make me skeptical.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl's not accepting orders from anyone. What Axl's doing is getting ahold of the airplane stick and ramming it straight down to say "I can" to prove a point he's in control.

The thing is, absolutely NO ONE outside of music business sharks even care. The only people he hurts is his fans, his "family", the band who helped launch his career, and ultimately... himself.

Axl has completely confused "accepting orders" with "common sense". It's like having a 16-year old whore daughter who goes and fucks her boyfriend because you told her not to, and then ends up pregnant asking for you to take care of her.

She (Axl) proved nothing that she's a fucking idiot. Not that she's in control. If anything she proved the exact opposite.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'll try to make this post as objective and cohesive as I possibly can, given that English is not my first language and I'm quite nervous at the moment. You won't see this story on other Gn'R forums for several reasons, a) being that this is the most badass GNR forum and this community has a high level of debate (even with a few exagerations here and there) and b) that I'm not looking for spotlight, just wanting to share what I've got with people that care about GN'R. You can take what I'm writing here with with a graint or ALL the salt in the world. It's up to you, really. I'm not an insider of any kind.

As I said earlier in the thread, I sent some email to people I know that worked for Universal a couple of years ago. I didn't have any replies till I got a phone call today, like 2 hours ago.

The person who called me is a very old friend of mine and he greeted me with: "Hey Otto, so you want to hear some new GN'R hun?".. As I thought he was just now getting to my email, I assumed he was joking, and I said: "yeah, and I want a Ferrari too.. How you doing, sucker?"...

The reply was: "Check this out..." and the volume of a stereo was raised... At first it was just instrumental but in a couple of seconds the voice was on and it was pretty clear it was Axl. I got to hear 4 songs, about 1 to 1 and half minute of each. I asked if I could talk about what I heard and was specifically told no lyrics, no specific descriptions made public so sorry if I can't give you much detail. I am allowed tho, to speak of the Chinese Democracy Volume 2 Tales I've heard. I'll try to report them as precise as I can (I'm still fuckin' shaking!).

The guy(s) who played me the songs have "more than a full album, perhaps 12 to 15 songs", that "appeared to be finished in 2008", in multiple discs that were sent to showcase a marketing campaign to release 2 more albums after CD.

They are not sure if the songs are from just one album or a few from each. There are multiple versions of a couple of songs.

There were videos floating around for Better and Street of Dreams prior to the release of the albums and even before the sales hit rock bottom, they were canned.

I asked about imminent leaks of about 10 songs and I was told that it's very likely and that people already tried to blackmail universal in 2009 with 16 songs stolen from a producer.

On NYE 2011, 10 new songs were posted on YouTube exactly at midnight by one of the guys who blackmailed Universal and that everyone at Uni was amazed that they were able to take them down before 2am and that it didn't pop everywhere. Hoarders have these low quality youtube rips.

Uni is willing to release a new album with some conditions: money from the touring in advance of the album release so they'd repay Axl with album sales and licensing. Full product delivered in one package, album and cover art to avoid CD clusterfuck.

"Honestly, the ball is in Axl court... his managers were pushing really hard to release the album and then bring back Slash".

The last he heard from GNR was that they wanted to release an album of half CD era stuff and half new stuff from the guys in the band and Axl was willing to add one more album to GN'R contract with Uni. Axl wanted funding to additional recordings. Uni told him to forget about it "not nicely".

MY OPINION ABOUT THE SONGS I HEARD: they rock... they all have this epic feeling in the same sense as Madagascar, Prostitute and TWAT - some may call over produced. I was able to hear lots of strings and multiple voice overs.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

What the fuck is Better Gone?

Also until new leaks appear it is all bullshit.

I've seen this occur before.

Some cunt claims they got an inside scoop or knows a friend of a friend that has heard some killer epic tracks, just waiting for it to leak.

Talk is cheap.

Prove it or shut the fuck up is what I say.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Thanks, Russ.

I'm not asking anybody to believe me. Also, I think personal attacks are not needed.

Sky Dog wrote:

interesting...I do believe leaks will happen soon...chatter is coming back big time

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thanks for the information, Otto. Glad you were honest about what you heard. Very interesting to read about and gives some hope for a release in the near future.  I agree. We are all adults here, please act like one. No insults or forming a witch hunt.

johndivney wrote:

Aye prob willing to give Otto the benefit of the doubt.. But @ the end of the day I'm not exactly excited, y'know? Some of it is funny (axl looking for funding) some of it is expected but not much of it is exciting.

It's just history repeating itself.
We know the direction the CD era songs are going yada yada yada.. Meh. When there's something tangible someone PM please as im still gonna be interested to some extent, but i think there's other things I'd prefer to do than wait on more CD-era material. (Or DJ/BBF era material for that matter...)

Board footer