You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs Led Zeppelin

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Didn't one of those hair metal bands accuse them of stealing the guitar parts for Patience? I think they retracted the accusation after catching a lot of hell from people.

It was Tesla. Can't remember they name of the tune but it was Frankie Hannon from Tesla.

Yeah, I was thinking Tesla but wasn't 100% sure. That was a weird situation. Even if GN'R ripped off something from them, I feel the same way about Patience that I do about Whole Lotta Love. The GN'R and Zep versions of those songs are a million times better than whatever they ripped off.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 54%
Led Zeppelin 46%
Total votes: 24
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If Original band, i vote GNR... if its this nu GNR.. then no

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nu or original it's Zep.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Never been a zep fan.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Drums: Zep
Bass: Tie
Guitar: Tie
Vocals: Guns

Zeppelin 9 albums, 6 great, 1 good, 2 bad
Guns 5 albums, 4 great, 1 good (2 if you count TSI)

I think it's pretty close, but I'm going with the band that has Axl Rose.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's a tie on guitar...Slash is a much better guitarist than Jimmy Page.

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't think it's a tie on guitar...Slash is a much better guitarist than Jimmy Page.

Monkey.......You and me... We tighter than an elastic band round an elephant dick, but seriously that's just wrong.
Many would say Slash would buy jimmy's knob cheese on amazon in the hopes it would imbue him with magical powers. But you andf me know. Slash might not do that.
That said, no "JP" no "/"

-D-

-D- wrote:

Slash > Page

Page's solos are snooze fests

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know this is all a matter of taste, but Slash couldn't carry Jimmy Page's guitar strap and he'd probably agree with that.

And I love Duff, but John Paul Jones is a beast. Them Crooked Vultures is probably better than everything Duff has released post GN'R combined.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Slash would being gracious, but please.

Its the same ole, people grew up being told this is great and just kinda became so...

no one wants to say the Beatles Suck or Rolling Stones suck or Led Zeppelin sucks out of fear of ridicule so everyone agrees.........

Id much rather listen to Slash anyday of the week... His guitar work is hookier, Solos are sing a longable

Board footer