You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Buying a Home!!!

buzzsaw wrote:

Only if you move further south...I'm not living in cold ever again.  smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And i'm the complete opposite. As soon as I can get out of here -- I'm GONE.

I am sick to death of living in hot weather. Friggin' done. It's absolutely embarassing and annoying for it to be 80 degrees in the middle of January in Florida.

I want cold. Or at least a place with seasons.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am sick to death of living in hot weather. Friggin' done. It's absolutely embarassing and annoying for it to be 80 degrees in the middle of January in Florida.

Would you like to shovel my driveway today?  16

It's actually not too bad.  Just a few inches.  I do like the changing seasons, and I don't mind the cold that much.  Although the heating bills are far worse than the electric bills in the summer with the central air running, so in a financial sense I prefer the warm weather.  And I don't mind the snow for the most part, as long as I'm not driving around in it, and it isn't TOO much snow.  We had a winter 2 years ago that was insane.  We'd get a major storm once a week that would drop a foot of snow on us the entire month of January.  That was TOO much.  There was no place to put the snow after awhile.

I will say though, I think it's easier to deal with the cold than it is with oppressive heat.  I've been to the coldest game in Gillette Stadium history (2 degrees at kickoff, -10 windchill) and I've been to a late September game in Miami where it was in the high 80's, which really isn't THAT hot.  The sun is different down there though, it's just stronger.  I was far more uncomfortable in Miami than I was in New England.  It was so hot.  Our seats were at the top of the stadium, the air was unforgiving.  There's only so much you can do to make yourself cooler.  In the cold, you can layer up, use hand, toe, body warmers.  It's much easier to deal with as far as I'm concerned.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Better yet, when you come back, it would be great if he could find ANY topic at all. wink

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Would you like to shovel my driveway today?  16

It's actually not too bad.  Just a few inches.  I do like the changing seasons, and I don't mind the cold that much.  Although the heating bills are far worse than the electric bills in the summer with the central air running, so in a financial sense I prefer the warm weather.  And I don't mind the snow for the most part, as long as I'm not driving around in it, and it isn't TOO much snow.  We had a winter 2 years ago that was insane.  We'd get a major storm once a week that would drop a foot of snow on us the entire month of January.  That was TOO much.  There was no place to put the snow after awhile.

I will say though, I think it's easier to deal with the cold than it is with oppressive heat.  I've been to the coldest game in Gillette Stadium history (2 degrees at kickoff, -10 windchill) and I've been to a late September game in Miami where it was in the high 80's, which really isn't THAT hot.  The sun is different down there though, it's just stronger.  I was far more uncomfortable in Miami than I was in New England.  It was so hot.  Our seats were at the top of the stadium, the air was unforgiving.  There's only so much you can do to make yourself cooler.  In the cold, you can layer up, use hand, toe, body warmers.  It's much easier to deal with as far as I'm concerned.

That's kinda how I see it. When you're cold, you can get warmed up fairly easily just by additional clothing. But when you're hot -- it's hot. You mentioned running the heat in the winter, but running the AC in the middle of July in the south can be just as bad. It literally has to run 24/7, and even fans don't help, because all fans are doing is just stirring the hot. There's nothing worse than a fan blowing 95-degree heat. Alot of people say, "well it's worse in the Southwest". No it's not. I'd take 114 degree DRY heat any day (which is actually quite relaxing to the muscles), than 90 degree heat with 100% humidity in Florida, which literally feels like spending all day inside a running hot shower.

It's just miserable. Yes 80 degrees isn't that bad, when it's May or September. But when it's January? Come on.

As for when you came down to the see the Dolphins/Pats game, i've been in that stadium in the middle of the summer watching Marlins baseball back when they were still there. That place is ALWAYS unforgiveable. It's just a dead bowl. The wind doesn't circulate in there, and actually the upper deck is far more comfortable. If you try to sit in the lower terrace, forget it. It's hotter in that pocket than it is anywhere outside the stadium. The uncomfortability of that stadium is a large reason the Marlins pushed for a rectractable roof doom with their current Marlins park.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The humidity in Florida literally feels like the heat standing on your shoulders. It's a heavy, energy zapping and inescapable. This month I've had to run the AC! In fact we've got record temps down here in St. Pete. Fuckin' blows.

The heat out west is dry, but sneaky. You'll tend to stay out longer because you're not so beat down (up front anyway) by it. Unless of course you're in someplace like Vegas where it feels like a giant hair dryer is being blown in your face 24/7.

I'm out of Florida the first week of May. When we get out west the monthly high will be 71, that's amazing to me. Looking forward to four seasons and powder skiing. I will buy a snow blower too, fuck the dumb shit.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely. After living my whole life here... i'd gladly shovel snow and sweat in COLD weather working, than hot. I remember many of days in the Florida sun in the summer with a shovel, or work gloves, burning brush with a lit cig hanging out of my mouth with the only escape being the straw Cowboy hat on my head and thinking it felt like working in Hell. Especially when you were downwind of the fire.

Board footer