You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

Bono wrote:

Hmmm.... kinda weird having the guy who did the new Star Treks do the new Star Wars.  I liked the new Star Trek movie  though.  Not sure if I should just prepare for a Star Trek movie with lightsabers or what?  May the force live long and prosper I guess.
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/01/24 … rts-claim/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Rather interesting since a few months ago Abrams said he didn't want to add his touch to the new series of films since he wanted Star Trek 2, a future 3rd one, and some TV projects he was developing to be his main priorities. I personally think he would make a great producer though if he changes his mind again. I'm excited that at least he knows about how sci fi films and if he is in it for the long haul, then count me to buy a ticket.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Episode 7: Return of the Shaking Camera

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

vader.jpg

The worst fear has been realized. Disney will actually fuck this up from the get go.

w226570418.jpg

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Nothing Disney does will make them responsible for fucking up the franchise. That's been done already.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I thought JJ's Star Trek was good, and liked Super 8 in that it felt like a homage to classic early Spielberg films, so I hope he brings back Star Wars to the feel of the early films as well, and less reliant on overdoing the CGI like George Lucas did with the prequels...

Also, I absolutely hated Cloverfield, just from all the shitty shaky camera I couldn't sit through it to watch to the end, even though I've been told how great the movie is.

In the end, I think he's a safe choice, when it could've been much worse, say someone like Michael Bay instead... 18 14

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
smoke wrote:

Nothing Disney does will make them responsible for fucking up the franchise. That's been done already.

The prequels are not great movies, but they are Star Wars.

Jar Jar Abrams will probably make an entertaining movie, but expect to see tits and girl power make it's mark on the series.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Come on dude, search your feelings, those movies arn't starwars, you know it to be true.

Metalalex makes a good point with super 8 - the vibe of that was very much a speilberg movie....if they can nail the old trilogy feeling it would be great.

Board footer