You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

Bono wrote:
smoke wrote:

Nothing Disney does will make them responsible for fucking up the franchise. That's been done already.

Exactly. Lucas ruined the franchise with the prequels. Worrying that Disney will screw them up even more is like worrying that an iceberg is going to dive down and hit the Titanic again.

polluxlm wrote:

The prequels are not great movies, but they are Star Wars.

True. Terrible movies under the Star Wars banner. Worst case scenario we get another terrible movies albeit with more visually appealing effects(than the prequels) under the Star Wars banner.

polluxlm wrote:

Jar Jar Abrams will probably make an entertaining movie, but expect to see tits and girl power make it's mark on the series.

And this would be a problem because Star Wars has never had strong female chaacters in scantily clad outfits?  tongue

I really liked the latest Star Trek movie. Hated Cloverfield and was fairly underwhelmed by Super 8.

Kirk to Spock: "Oh shit"
485963_10152443098020397_38500134_n.jpg

Bono

Bono wrote:

The more I think about it I'm willing to bet the new Star Wars is going to kick ass. The prequels suck so hard so expectations have been lowered considerably add to it how cool the new Star Trek was I think the possbility of Star Wars being awesome again is very real.

Fan made but sill looks fucking cool.
316989_452911401429852_636111190_n.jpg

Bono

Bono wrote:

Lots of rumors here. If these things are true it's good news and very exciting for Star Wars fans.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2/lu … m=featured

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The prequels are not great movies, but they are Star Wars.

True. Terrible movies under the Star Wars banner. Worst case scenario we get another terrible movies albeit with more visually appealing effects(than the prequels) under the Star Wars banner.

Worst case scenario we get Die Hard 4. Flying under the banner doesn't mean it will be Star Wars.

polluxlm wrote:

Jar Jar Abrams will probably make an entertaining movie, but expect to see tits and girl power make it's mark on the series.

And this would be a problem because Star Wars has never had strong female chaacters in scantily clad outfits?  tongue

That was classy. I'm talking sex scenes and dialogue of the sort "females can be as good jedi too!". You know, standard Hollywood hack fare.

That being said, if JJ is only there to get the stuff on tape, with Lucas and Kennedy making ALL the executive decisions, it could work. Abrams is a skilled entertainer, I'll give him that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Come on dude, search your feelings, those movies arn't starwars, you know it to be true.

Nooooooo!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:

Lots of rumors here. If these things are true it's good news and very exciting for Star Wars fans.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2/lu … m=featured

Very cool concept. Hoping Mark returns. I know he retired from the Joker's voice awhile back; but if he could show just for a big cameo or maybe a full on role that wouldn't require a ton of training to get back then I would be quite satisfied with either one. We need Master Skywalker.

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Worst case scenario we get Die Hard 4. Flying under the banner doesn't mean it will be Star Wars.

Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith were Star Wars films in the same way Gun N' Roses has been Guns N' Roses the last 13 years. In name only.  The difference this time is that there is the possibility we'll get good movies out of it. the prequels fucking sucked and are even worse as ime has gone on.

polluxlm wrote:

That was classy. I'm talking sex scenes and dialogue of the sort "females can be as good jedi too!". You know, standard Hollywood hack fare.

Well there are female jedis in the expanded universe in the books so...... Also one of thecoolst characters in the Sar Wars universe is Mara Jade. Not a jedi but still a  female. And I highly doubt they are gonna add sex scenes to Star Wars. That seems like a very unrealistic concern in my opinion.

pollulm wrote:

That being said, if JJ is only there to get the stuff on tape, with Lucas and Kennedy making ALL the executive decisions, it could work. Abrams is a skilled entertainer, I'll give him that.

Lucas doesn't have creative control anymore. They'll look to him for input but he no longer has final say on things and in my opinion that's a good thing.

Dude the last three Star Wars movies didn't work with Lucas so why this fear that they won't work without him?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Bono wrote:

Dude the last three Star Wars movies didn't work with Lucas so why this fear that they won't work without him?

All of the points you've made are great and valid but this is enough for me.

enough as in bullshit or enough as in that pretty much sums it up?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's disney...don't think they'll be adding sex scenes....most you'd get is some kind of breathy embrace/kiss.

Board footer