You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: AXL ROSE Reportedly Close to Losing Lawsuit Against ACTIVISION For Fea

-D- wrote:

Axl had a case but its still ridiculous. ... when people hear wttj they think of slash anyway

-D-

-D- wrote:

Also lets dont forget it took axl up till vegas shows to do a group photo which in turn could be looked at as a way of  tricking casuals who had no clue

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

Also lets dont forget it took axl up till vegas shows to do a group photo which in turn could be looked at as a way of  tricking casuals who had no clue

They did a group photo which was great but I don't like your negative tone.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl had a case but its still ridiculous. ... when people hear wttj they think of slash anyway

That's t in a nutshell. Yes legally he had a case but the fact he even begins to think he can erase the link between Slash and Guns N' Roses is what makes it pathetic. That's what makes the whole thinga  douhe move on his part. If he concerend himself half as much with promoting his new band as he does with erasing Slash, he'd be way better off.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Hey, look everyone, WE'RE FINALLY AGREEING ON SOMETHING!!!! 5 14 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse but was my entire point about rock n roll hall of fame.

Go, embrace and celebrate the past. Tie it up in a niceNeat bow, and everyone can move on with a great taste in their mouth.

People screamed it would make people want a reunion but god damn it they already do. Once people See even after this u arent reuniting, maybe they would shut up.

Most of my problems with new lineup era gnr is that and fans who disrespect the old lineup.

Pull my posts from htgth.  I Beg u. I have threads defending why they are Guns N Roses etc until people started with the bullshit and I felt a need to defend the old band and ive slowly turned to this attitude over the 10 yrs ive been posting.

If axl can't move on, how can I?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

If axl can't move on, how can I?

He wants to. That's why he doesn't want ex members to be associated with the current band. Hell, even the diligent Slash, Mr. Interview, is getting tired of talking about Axl Rose. Why? Because he wants to promote his thing, what he's doing now.

Unfortunately that can get difficult when everybody wants you to move back. The fans, the industry, the media, your ex members, your managers, the guy popping out from the bushes when you're taking a stroll in the garden...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Hey, look everyone, WE'RE FINALLY AGREEING ON SOMETHING!!!! 5 14 19

14 14 14

Some times I forget about that and it's not always readily apparent when I'm in the moment, but I think to this day it remains the problem: Axl wants all of us to forget about Slash but he can't do it himself.

In 2002 when I went to see GN'R, honest to God Slash wasn't on my mind. My friends and I went out of curiosity. It was a "Well, let's see what he's got to offer with these new guys" mindset. A couple songs in, I thought "Alright, I can see this working". Then I heard the newer songs and said "Yeah ok. This can definitely happen".

But as the rants from that tour will tell you (Albany and I can't remember where the Izzy one was), Axl's mind wasn't in the same place as mine. Dude was up there mad at Slash the whole time. I think that he's still doing it today which is so sad in some ways. But again, to Bono's point, I think it would be a whole different ball game if he'd just forgotten Slash like he claims to want us to.

Agreed. The whole old band lineup & Slash complaints should of stopped at the HOB & Rio 2001 shows when he said "well so much for the past" ..and he was supposedly meaning moving on with the lineup at the time with Bucket, Robin, etc and the future of the GNR name.

Board footer