You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

or worse the whole Jar Jar situation with having annoying Yoda relatives. The sad thing is Yoda going complete badass Jedi master was the best part of the prequels.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well there is about 900 years of yodas life to be covered so hopefully they can come up with something lol

Han solo will prolly focus on his imperial carreer and subsequently going awol with a certain wookie prisoner of war

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

There's no way they'll focus on spin off movies untill Episode 7- 9 are done and 7,8,9 will not be prequels.  If anything they'll take place shortly after Jedi with new actors playing the roles made famous by Hamil, Fisher and Ford.  That or it will take place in the distant future after Jedi focusing on Han and Leia's children while Hamil, Fisher and Ford reprise their roles as Luke, Leia and Han.

There are lots o plans for a tv show spin off that in all likley hood will have nothing to do with the movie series. Most likely with completely new characters set in an entrely different/side story.  I think it would rule if they did a tv series based around Boba Fett though.

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

or worse the whole Jar Jar situation with having annoying Yoda relatives. The sad thing is Yoda going complete badass Jedi master was the best part of the prequels.

I disagree  completely. I thought Yoda battling with a lightsaber was one for the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen. It completely devalued his character in my opinion.  Seeing yoda spin and jump like Sonic the Hedge Hog was ridiculously stupid..... in my opinion.

I pretty much hated every lightsaber battle in the prequels. They were more fit for Dancing with the Stars than Star Wars. the only one I did like was Qui-Gon vs Maul on Tatooine ad sadly that on was like 10 seconds long.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

slice_star_wars_stormtrooper_facepalm_01.jpg

The immediate problems arising from this:

A whole film about Boba Fett means you got to humanize him, that means taking the mask off. Which in turn will demystify the whole character.

Replacing Harrison Ford as Han Solo? No, that's impossible!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Sounds cool to me. Still don't think we'll be seeing spin off movies before the completion of Episodes 7, 8 & 9. I can't picture  5(6 if you count a yoda spin off) Star Wars based movies in 10 years.

Also in my opinion a movie based around Yoda would suck. Not interested in that at all.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I want to see Episodes 7, 8, & 9 succeed and bring life back to the franchise first and foremost. That should be their number 1 objective.  If they are awesome then I'm all for spin offs with the right team in hand. If they suck or disappoint and piss off the fan base. You can kiss the spin offs and future movie projects using the name goodbye. There is no going back after all this. Without Lucas having to control every single detail they bring more emotion and a fresh perspective to the franchise. I see a bright future and I can see it done right. Just not getting my hopes up too much.

Board footer