You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: its so easy and other lies to be made into a movie

Neemo wrote:

Duff McKagan’s 2011 autobiography, “It’s So Easy (And Other Lies)”, is being made into a full-length documentary feature film.

Written and directed by Christopher Duddy ("Cougar Club"), the documentary will feature exclusive rare archive footage of Duff’s early days with original Guns N’ Roses members Slash, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose, as well as later members Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum, and contemporaries Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) and much more.

The project began production this past March by filming one of Duff's book readings at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, and recent performances with his bands Walking Papers and Loaded. The film will contain rare archive footage from Marc Canter, who filmed all the early footage of Guns N’ Roses behind the scenes and performances, as well as an ultimate collector's soundtrack for the fans.

The worldwide distribution rights for “It’s So Easy (And Other Lies)” have been picked up by Vision Films. No planned release schedule has been revealed at this time.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Was already looking forward to this film, but now I'm really curious about this bit...

as well as an ultimate collector's soundtrack for the fans

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That does sound like a nice little bonus metallex. I'm stoked for this film. Finally get a solid documentary of someone GNR related.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm looking forward to watching this! Sounds quite appealing.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah tralier looks good

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Can't wait to see it! It can be a really bad ass rock and roll movie!

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Thanks for posting that dude! Even more souped now. Unreleased footage and GNR do not get said together very often. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Duddy has had some pretty big films as a cameraman and visual effects supervisor (T2, X Files, Titanic, Robocop) but has since turned a pretty crap director/cinematographist. This documentary is a new direction for him, being his first. Should be seasoned at least, and we know the material is there.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this....

BLS-Pride wrote:

Unreleased footage and GNR do not get said together very often. 16

Indeed, I'm sure this'll sell like hot cakes. I wonder if Axl had to allow sign off on a load of the footage?

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
jonesy wrote:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this....

BLS-Pride wrote:

Unreleased footage and GNR do not get said together very often. 16

Indeed, I'm sure this'll sell like hot cakes. I wonder if Axl had to allow sign off on a load of the footage?

If he had too, I really hope he did. Him and Duff seem to be on decent terms. I don't see why he wouldn't. Defiantly gonna be a seller.

Board footer