You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Satch - Unstoppable Momentum

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not sure where you are from Razor...but at least for Alex...here at Jb Hi Fi I picked up a satch 5 pack for $19.95

It's got the full albums of:

Not of This Earth
Flying in a Blue Dream
The Extremist
Joe Satriani (self titled)
Crystal Planet

all for $19...

I'm actually going to try to work out how to digest it too...as that 65 new instrumental rock songs lol.....

Keen to have a listen to Unstoppable Momentum as well though. Satch is  mother of a player...though I do wish he'd done something like chickenfoot sooner...as while I like some instrumental tracks...I prefer full band with vocals stuff.

Five albums for under $20... damn, if only they had those deals back when I first started stocking up my CD collection in the early 90's, I'd have saved so much money!!! 10 14

You're right though, 65 instrumental guitar songs might just be a bit much, even for a guitar fan like me... will still check it out though!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Speaking of Chickenfoot:

The members of rock supergroup Chickenfoot have been keeping busy with their other music projects but the band have checked in with fans with news that they expect to be playing together again next year.

The group features former Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony as well as Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith and Joe Satriani.

The band has been quiet lately but has now updated fans on their official website with the following message, "Although they haven't played together, the guys have been seeing each other here and there over recent months.

"Sammy Hagar stopped in at Skywalker Studios during Joe Satriani's recording of his new album and has commented on his hopes in this article.

"Joe also answered questions about getting together with Chickenfoot on a recent interview on 107.7 The Bone and Chad Smith and Michael Anthony also recently joined Hagar in the studio to play on some tracks for him on his upcoming solo album.

"And of course Anthony was recently on stage with agar at his annual Cinco De Mayo show in Tahoe. The guys are busy but with Smith's time freeing up, odds are good that they'll be returning to playing music together in 2014 after Joe and Sammy's solo tours later this year."

In other news, Hagar will be joined by Anthony and his former Montrose bandmates Denny Carmassi and Bill Church at a concert at America's Cup Pavilion in San Francisco, CA on September 7th.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hell yes I love a bit of chickenfoot...it's just a good fun band!

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hell yes I love a bit of chickenfoot...it's just a good fun band!

Right on, brother. I just discovered them a few months ago, got both albums and I'm on the fence on if I should pull the trigger on the live one. Never used to like live records, but they've grown on me recently.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Have you got the live DVD?

I tend to prefer live footage to albums.

If you did the records though I'd check it out...here's a sample:

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Good suggestion, but I don't think it'd work for me.  I normally listen to music on the go, don't really sit an watch TV.  And when I do, it's usually something sports related....  while listening to music.  lol.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I do like live DVDs though, love them actually.  Just don't have the time enjoy them right now.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Talkin about chickenfoot, this article is kind of cool.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-ha … ew-lineup/

Sammy is working on a solo album, and the dudes from Chickenfoot (minus Satch) are going to be on a few track.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

(hennemusic) Joe Satriani's new album, "Unstoppable Momentum," has debuted on the Billboard 200 charts and scored him his biggest first week of sales in two decades.

The guitarist's 14th studio album lands at #42 with first-week sales of around 11,000 copies, marking his highest US chart debut in over 20 years.

The project was recorded at Skywalker Sound in the Bay Area and produced by Satriani and Mike Fraser (AC/DC). Satriani kicks off an extensive European tour on Saturday in Istanbul, Turkey; a North American trek starts August 29 in San Diego, CA. - more on this story
http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/05/joe-s … n.html?m=1

Go Satch!

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

(hennemusic) Joe Satriani discusses his inspiration behind the writing and recording of his new album, "Unstoppable Momentum", in the first of a new 3-part video series.

In part 1, Joe discusses the abum's concept, plus working with Mike Keneally (who was also on 2010's "Black Swans & Wormhole Wizards"), and new collaborators Chris Chaney (Janes Addiction) and Vinnie Colaiuta (Jeff Beck, Sting, Frank Zappa).

The video series also features exclusive behind the scenes footage of the recording sessions and samples of tracks from the album. "This is what I do, it's what I've always wanted to do," explained Joe, "... in service of achieving that never finishing artistic quest - that's what it is and what it's all about."

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/05/video … album.html

Board footer