You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Satch - Unstoppable Momentum

RaZor wrote:

Don’t look now, but Sammy Hagar is celebrating 40 years as a professional rocker, and he’s bringing the party to his fans with a series of summer tour dates.
Hagar, who’s been having fun revisiting his past in the studio by cutting new tracks with the surviving members of Montrose and his former HSAS compatriot Neal Schon, will continue the celebration with ‘Four Decades of Rock,’ summarizing “forty years of iconic music from the legendary rock ‘n’ roll Hall of Famer,” according to a press release.
The tour, which starts in late July and runs through early September — with a couple of warm-up gigs that include a solo appearance on June 1 and a Tiki Party in Las Vegas with Emeril Lagasse manning the grill — will find Hagar leading a lineup that includes his Chickenfoot and former Van Halen bandmate Michael Anthony, as well as fellow ex-Montrose members Denny Carmassi and Bill Church. Purchase links and pre-sale information for most of the dates are available at Hagar’s website. A complete list of the shows is below.
Sammy Hagar Summer 2013 Tour Dates
6/01 – Fontana, Calif.
6/08 – Las Vegas, Nev.
7/26 – Tucson, Ariz.
7/27 – Del Mar, Calif.
8/15 – Tulalip, Wash.
8/17 – Airway Heights, Wash.
8/18 – Jackpot, Nev.
8/20 – Loveland, Colo.
8/23 – Chicago, Ill.
8/24 – St. Paul, Minn.
8/26 – Detroit, Mich.
8/27 – Toronto, Ontario
8/31 – St. Louis, Mo.
9/04 – Paso Robles, Calif.
9/06 – Lake Tahoe, Calif.
9/07 – San Francisco, Calif.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Lol, closest show to me is halfway across the country, fml.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wish he would tour Australia sometime soon, either solo or with Chickenfoot

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dammit. Nothing near me at all and closet area is about a 11-12 hour or more drive with breaks and traffic. sad

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

If you’ve ever thought to yourself, ‘Wow, I’d sure like to hear Sammy Hagar cover Depeche Mode,’ then you’re in luck. In a new interview, Chickenfoot drummer Chad Smith says he recently helped the Red Rocker lay down a new recording of ‘Personal Jesus,’ along with several other tracks.
“He’s doing a record, I think it’s called ‘Sammy and Friends,’” the drummer tells WRIF 101. The album features guest appearances from various musicians that have played a role in Hagar’s career. “He’s got the old guys from Montrose . . . they did a couple tracks,” Smith relates.
He also shed a little more light on the tracks Hagar cut with what he jokingly called “the new HSAS,” featuring the Chickenfoot rhythm section of Smith and bassist Michael Anthony along with Journey guitarist Neal Schon. “He wanted to have me and Mike, so he called Neal Schon, who he’s played with before, and we did a couple covers and came up with a new song,” Smith says. “And it was really fun, man. Just a blast. I love playing with those guys. It’s so fun.”
Along with the Depeche Mode track, the musicians also cut a new version of ‘Going Down,’ which Chickenfoot have played live. So far there’s no release date for the album.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-new-album/

Me_Wise_Magic

I would like to hear that cover; but it's going to be hard to top the Man in Black's version. Which I find powerful, chilling, and well covered yet using the simplest production. He was able to give that tune as much as respect as he did with his cover of Hurt and some others on that album.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I loved Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, god that was good. I never listened to the rest of that album though, I'll have to remedy that.

I'm interested in what Sammy will do with it too. I'm getting pretty excited about this new album he's working on.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Joe Satriani has revealed extensive tour plans in support of his new album, "Unstoppable Momentum" including newly announce U.S. dates, his very first cross Canada tour, as well as a UK tour.

Satriani will be kicking things off next week with a UK tour that will launch this Saturday, June 8th, at the o2 Apollo in Manchester and wrapping up on June 18th in London at the IndigO2. He will be supported on that trek by Matt Schofield.

The acclaimed guitarist will return stateside this summer to launch his North American tour on August 29th in San Diego, CA and will conclude the tour on October 26 in Oakland, CA. The Steve Morse Band will be providing support on the tour until early October.

Satriani will be backed on the tour by Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa, Steve Vai) on keyboards, bassist Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Dweezil Zappa) and drummer Marco Minnemann (Adrian Belew, Steve Wilson).

Dates: http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/June/0 … Tour.shtml

NYC in October, I'll be there smile

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:

I loved Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, god that was good. I never listened to the rest of that album though, I'll have to remedy that.

I'm interested in what Sammy will do with it too. I'm getting pretty excited about this new album he's working on.

Check out some cuts from American III, IV (the best album of the recordings), and some songs from 5. Ain't No Grave, God's Gonna Cut You Down, his cover of One, In My Life, The Man Comes Around, Personal Jesus, I Won't Back Down with Tom Petty, and others. It's haunting at times yet heartwarming, sincere and so badass. It's mostly just him with the guitar and Rick adding in various backing musicians such as the great Billy Preston on a few tracks, and others. Oh yeah I'm a fan of Sammy's voice not so much Chickenfoot though. I liked some of his solo work and the material he brought to Van Halen. I'll give it a listen when it's released though.

Board footer