You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Scott says VR is finished after this tour on stage in Glasgow?! :(

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

going back to Loaded...if Duff goes back to them Dave may follow

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Anybody remember Slash's book where he said when Izzy was writing with them they basically wrote the perfect GN'R album?  Hopefully we'll hear some of that stuff now...  I don't count on it... but that's my dream.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:
supaplex wrote:

and who cares if matt's banging groupies at his age? he can do what the fuck he wants with his money.

So, you're saying Matt has to pay for his groupies? I, actually, believe that.

that's the only thing you had to comment on my response i assume.

Yeah, pretty much. I've spent enough brain power and money on this turd called VR. What a waste it turned out to be, so yeah, I got no more to say about you, Matt or this thread.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Stone Temple Tantrum Spells End of Velvet Revolver? 
antiMusic reports: If, as Duff suggested in a recent interview, Velvet Revolver are really the frontrunners to support a reunited Led Zeppelin on tour, it looks like they will have to do it with a new vocalist. Weiland reportedly shocked fans from the stage at the band's show last Thursday when he told the crowd "You're watching something special... the last tour by Velvet Revolver." The proclamation promoted a response from drummer Matt Sorum, which in turn prompted one of Weiland's famous tantrums... oops "statements".

When Matt Sorum took to the web on Friday to discuss what went down, he said in part, "My career and life in rock 'n' roll has come with its ups and downs. Unfortunately, some people in this business don't realize how great of a life they have. Touring the world, meeting great people and fans all over the world. And just playing music for a living. I feel truly blessed. But sometimes the road can be draining for some. Being away from home and family does grind on you sometimes. With all the travelling and different beds. Personally, I love this sh*t and sometimes can't believe I am so lucky to still be doing what I do for a living. Everybody could see who was unhappy last night, but all I can say is let's keep the rock alive, people!!!! In this life, you just pick up and keep moving. And don't ever let anybody stand in your way."

Weiland took offense and sent Blabbermouth one of his venom filled tirades: "Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though '” this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why'¦ we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves." He goes on from there.

What about the future of Velvet Revolver post Weiland? One rumor suggests that Brett Hestla from Dark New Day may take over vocal duties. The other big rumor is that this may open the door to a Guns N' Roses reunion. The Hestla one seems far more probable. We'll have to wait and see

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/march/ … lver.shtml

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha. Always throw the GNR reuion hope in there. Haven't heard this singer but maybe that's what the bands need to continue. If it works I wouldn't mind.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Only heard stuff by that Brett Hestla guy as I youtubed him. I had never heard of Dark New Day before but they seem to play the same kinda stuff as Korn. I dunno, the guy might be a fit, might not. He definetly doesn't seem to scream best fit for guys like Slash and Duff in terms of vocal style but then again neither did Scott. Here's a vid of them:

Not really my taste to be honest.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Haha. Always throw the GNR reuion hope in there. Haven't heard this singer but maybe that's what the bands need to continue. If it works I wouldn't mind.

I thought the name Brett Hestla sounded familiar, so I looked it up and came up with this from a Dark New Day fansite

BRETT HESTLA

Brett Hestla achieved formidable critical acclaim as singer/guitarist for the alternative rock quintet Virgos Merlot, but it was as the touring bassist for Creed that he received the most notoriety, spending three years performing in front of sold-out arenas. When the band parted ways in late 2003, Hestla turned his attention to family, refocusing his efforts to behind-the-scenes work as a producer.

"After Creed's last tour, I'd resigned myself that I was done, but I think my wife knew I really wasn't ready to be done. She looked at me one day and said, 'Are you ever going to stand onstage and sing again?' It's funny," laughs Hestla ominously, "I said to her, 'Man, it would take the Still Rain guys, with Will [Hunt] on drums, for me to even consider that..."

Two weeks later, to the day, he received a phone call from Will. "He brought me a CD of the songs they'd been working on, and I didn't even need to listen to it.  This is the band I've always wanted," Hestla recalls. "The bonus was, I put the disc in and, instantly, I had melodies and was thinking of words. I was inspired, and immediately knew that this was where I belonged."

"This band has taken my game up as a writer, because I know that I've got people in the band, skill-wise, that are at my level and superior to me. I want to impress them, and impress each other they have. In a year that saw five hurricanes strike the southeast-including three that intersected over their Florida recording studio-a war wage in the Middle East, and rock music seemingly get angrier and angrier, Dark New Day are a light at the end of the tunnel. With a sound that the band aren't afraid to admit is a sum of their cumulative parts, they deliver the heavy-handed finesse of Clint Lowery's contributions to Sevendust, Troy McLawhorn's inspired guitar play and melodic infrastructure that marked Doubledrive, and Hestla's soaring, effervescent vocals. Hunt is a rock behind the drum kit, and along with Corey Lowery, just might be the "baddest rhythm section in the world."  They write songs with irresistible hooks and penetrating grooves, and revel in the ability to change the pace from the bitter, metallic muscle of "Lean," to the pensive, warm embrace of "Follow The Sun Down."

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He kinda sounds a bit like Scott with the low register. If ain't broke, don't ... oh, wait.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I doubt its going to be him...given they didnt want Buchcherry due to his stinging style being "not musical" enough...I don't think a screamo guy would get the gig.

Board footer