You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Just got a new computer rig. Any suggestions to games that can test my performance?

Just got a new rig too. As said above, Tomb Raider is a good benchmark. Also try Crysis 3, that game should push your rig hard. If you can run Crysis 3 on max settings and get over 60 fps then you got a pretty good gaming pc.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

Just got a new computer rig. Any suggestions to games that can test my performance?

Personally I suggest Team Fortress 2. One it's free to download and play from the get go. It's a great PC gaming shooter and the online modes are simple to figure out and play. You can find weapons and more items either through purchase and finding them through out the many maps that you play against other people. There are practice and co-op modes too.

Me_Wise_Magic

@smoke: Finally beat Infinite earlier today. Besides that overly hard final battle with the ships and soldiers; I thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought the ending was pretty good & clever. Tied things together nicely. I knew there wasn't going to be a happy ending. The game had good controls, solid effective companion and enemy AI, and atmosphere & excellent storytelling. Elizabeth was an amazing character and found out the character of Booker has been in many other games, anime, and TV shows.  Just ran into extremely tough situations that required a ton of upgrading that I should of kept doing before leaving certain level areas and a few glitches in enemy AI. Got frustrated with how certain levels and combat bits played out. I do want to go back and replay later on in the coming months once I finish a couple other games on this table. So I can uncover more Easter eggs, items, and better upgrade abilities and weaponry.  Should I get the Season Pass bonus DLC? Not sure if it's worth it.

Me_Wise_Magic

Got Tomb Raider and Mass Effect Trilogy for my birthday. So hoping to start playing Mass Effect 1 and a little of Tomb Raider sometime this week or very soon. smile May try out a little of TR's multiplayer even though I heard it was rather bland. Mostly want to the play the main story and unlock stuff. Plus..I love the look of the game. I've been meaning to try out and play the ME games for awhile now.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I know they're old, but I finished Uncharted recently, I'm currently on the last level of Uncharted 2,  and I'm thoroughly looking forward to playing Uncharted 3 which came with my ps3 last year. Wish there was more puzzles, only downside I find is i get a bit weary shooting bad guys, theres so many I find it a bit silly, apart from that the games have been great fun.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I just ran out of console games, and have been too lazy to get back to Tomb Raider. So I went back to Borderlands GOTY. It still gets repetetive after awhile, but it's a great game. And DAMN, it's big. I can't believe how many places I've visited for the first time in the past week, and the last time I played, I probably played for a few weeks before something else came along.

Also, figured out the simple secret of Dr. Ned's Island - don't stop to fight the zombies early on, just run and get the job done. Now I've leveled to the point I can take them but they used to just deplete my ammo and wipe me out.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Hooked up the N64 earlier this week and played some Goldeneye for the first time in over 10 years. It still rocks smile I'm upto Bunker 2 on 00 Agent mode already, and have unlocked some of the harder cheats like Invincibility (Facility, 00Agent, 2:05) and Invisibility (Archives, 00Agent, 1:20). Had a ragequit not long ago as Bunker 2 is kicking my ass, so come online to bitch about it and watch some youtube vids for tips.

Also just bought Perfect Dark on eBay (the spiritual successor to Goldeneye). Aint played that in years either so will have to find time to play through that big_smile

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Both of those plus Mario Kart 64 were the greatest games to rumble with a friend on! I still hook mine up from time time too. smile

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
smoke wrote:

Both of those plus Mario Kart 64 were the greatest games to rumble with a friend on! I still hook mine up from time time too. smile

I had that back in the day too, but to be honest I've never been a fan of the Mario Kart series (never bloody stopped me from buying them though 16). On the N64 my favourite racing games were Wave Race and F-Zero X. I had the Japanese import of F-Zero as I just couldn't wait to play it, think I paid about £85 for it which was a lot for me at 15/16 and only working a Satuday job at £10 a day. The import cart ran through a convertor making it ~17% faster than the eventual UK PAL release so it was crazy fast and worth every penny.

I can't recall much about Perfect Dark to be honest. I know I completed the whole game on the hardest setting and unlocked every cheat, but I spent most of my time on the multiplayer mode kicking friends asses cool

Me_Wise_Magic

Nice selections Will! I miss playing Mario Kart 64.

Board footer