You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Son of a Gun wrote:

Prequels were good, sequels sucked badly.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It sounds good, but I'm still wary. At this point Disney has pretty much proven they are more or less clueless when it comes to mega productions. To me it'll come down to whether or not Lucas has a strong say in the story and minimal influence from Abrams. He sure knows how to make something exciting on the screen, but he lacks vision. As long as he's kept in a position where he does what he's told I'm optimistic.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

It sounds good, but I'm still wary. At this point Disney has pretty much proven they are more or less clueless when it comes to mega productions. To me it'll come down to whether or not Lucas has a strong say in the story and minimal influence from Abrams. He sure knows how to make something exciting on the screen, but he lacks vision. As long as he's kept in a position where he does what he's told I'm optimistic.

While I enjoyed his take with Star Trek 1&2, they did lack something. J.J. can't write good developed female characters and that's a problem especially when the Star Wars Universe has so many so many great female legends. Not just Jedi. He also has a problem with certain aspects of story structure. Everything else he does I'm completely ok with. So I see where you are coming from. They need a good producer first and foremost. I have a feeling Lucas is still going to help out with a ton of the production and writing. Visual ideas here & there; but the rest is on Disney, Abrams, new team, and returning players. Seems like it from what they are saying in the press. I'm going go into this film with an open mind. Hell this might be an amazing film, I just think that 2015 especially when they haven't even start shooting and with what goes into every Star Wars film or production up to now..and time..leaves me with some worry.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody know when the official announcements are coming down for Star Wars VII ?

Everybody is pretending like it's not even happening.

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

Anybody know when the official announcements are coming down for Star Wars VII ?

Everybody is pretending like it's not even happening.

Maybe towards the end of this year or early 2014 when they start shooting perhaps. I know the lady that now runs Lucasfilm is saying that things are going swell with the development thus far. Yeah it is getting weird with the constant silence. Maybe a ton of pre-production work is being finalized and setting up various parts.

Me_Wise_Magic

VII rumors and people are talking a little here & there. Working title or new sequel title: A NEW DAWN

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Please no, that sounds exactly like a Twilight movie.

Me_Wise_Magic

Didn't think about that at first and then I saw the Youtube comments...I'm like..yeahhh..you guys have a point. I do hope they do something original too. They need a kick ass title name.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Looking around it appears it's not really even a rumor, just a fan made title. No crisis mode....yet. 14

Board footer