You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Sean Beavan interview (2012)

Sky Dog wrote:

no doubt....Ron metioned he did parts on a ton of songs that were not released...thre is easily another albums worth of material fully in the can....too much evidence to suggest otherwise

Sky Dog wrote:

oh and a combo of chickens shit and label bs!

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl has turned into chicken shit coward. Never thought that he would ever sink such low disappointed.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

All this interview tells me is how far fetched it is to expect old Axl back in the studio ever again, late 90's was his mojo, since then he's been phoning it in.

Literally.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Where does the live era rerecording fit in to this? What was he thinking, did he think noone would notice?

I was listening to that album today and his redone vocals jump out like a fuckin baseball bat to the head.

On the other hand I was listening to Oh My God today... jeez that was a powerful track, I remember the train ride into the city to buy the soundtrack cd, this was pre internet for me.... there was noone to sway me, I seen the film advertised on tv and in bold letters, a new GNR song... I thought it was ballsy  beyond anything he's shown since. Loved it!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'd more than happily take an 'old' album of songs like oh my god. I dont know why he beat himself up over that.

Maybe not silkworms though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah OMG although it's musically different has that vintage Axl kinda bite and venom to the lyrics I think....even with the filters or whatever on his voice you know it's axl from the punch of it.

I like the idea of old vocals being on some of the tracks though cos there's a lot of untapped power in Axl's voice from that period.

I was thinking the other day, aside from TWAT and IRS, a lot of the big Axl scream moments are not on the studio tracks...like the LALD screams or the jungle opening...there's vocal sounds but not like the crazy stuff he'd do live.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

" Oh My God " is one of the best Axl penned rockers dark, atmospheric so much venom, anger and spite in lyrics. He can be on top of his game when it comes to writing lyrics and melodies when he wants.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I actually like Axl's voice on Live Era and the SCOM big daddy recording, like the original Chinese Democracy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

It turns out almost every vocal track was a vocal track I did.

I said this years ago. Glad to see someone in the know actually confirm it. The laziness on this project will never cease to be mind boggling.

Since the final vocal tracks date back to 98-00, when were the demo tracks recorded or were the initial vocal tracks considered the real thing and he refused to finish them? Songs such as Madagascar and Street of Dreams beg for him to go back to the studio. Even though hardcore fans like to call the leaks "demos", we have yet to hear a true demo from the CD sessions.

I like the idea of old vocals being on some of the tracks

Had the album been released in the 99-02 period, I wouldn't have a problem with it either even though the album would have suffered from his laziness even then, but to release it in 2008 with no improvements shows he no longer cared about it. Probably stopped caring after the 2002 implosion if not sooner and Bucket fleeing the crime scene was its nail in the coffin.

All this interview tells me is how far fetched it is to expect old Axl back in the studio ever again, late 90's was his mojo, since then he's been phoning it in.

Literally.

Agreed. He's definitely never gonna hit the studio to record anything new. His studio activity 2009-13 proves this. It's either CD leftovers in 2013-?? or nothing. I'd place my money on nothing. Only thing that MIGHT light a fire under Axl and Uni's ass would be a leak similar to the skwerl leak....8 or 9 unheard songs.

Board footer