You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Bro-mero wrote:

I've been going on this forum for close to 3 years, and been a member for almost 2 years, and I don't think I've seen this forum as barren as it has been in recent months. We've lost two of our largest posters (Russ and Bono) this year, and have lost a substantial amount of conversation traffic on basically every section. This forum is lucky to get 15 posts a day at this point. While I do believe a lot of this is due in large part to inactivity of Guns N' Roses, I can't help but wonder if this forum is dying off...

That being said, could a Mod please give me an idea as to what we can expect for the future of this forum?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not dying, just lost a little weight. GN'R being what it is doesn't help. I'd certainly like for things to be different, but as you said we lost 2 big contributors, you can't easily replace that. And that's been going on for years. People ain't exactly standing in line to spend their days talking about Axl and Team Brazil's latest excuses anymore. Sad state of affairs, but that's how it goes when you support the most fucked up band in existence.

Make some posts is all I can say. There are no plans to shut doors.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

But that's how it goes when you support the most fucked up band in existence.

14 True that

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

We are not dying.  These slow periods are nothing new. We go through them a lot. This may be the driest yet but no white flags are coming. Like pollxum said GNR isn't exactly doing anything to draw the attention of fans. The recent leaks helped quite a bit. A lot of the veterans who weren't around much logged in and contributed to the discussions.. As for losing members its always happening here. Nothing new and it doesn't help situations but this place always keeps on keeping on.  We gained a few members recently too who post a bit. Not enough to fill voids but a little something is better then nothing.

Its the great discussions no matter how few or many at the time and close knit community that keeps this place alive. No worries for the future bro.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

"Don't worry..about a thing....cause every little thing...is gonna be alright.." (music keeps playing) 16 But..yeah in all seriousness, this forum will continue on no matter what. I'm glad that the leaks how crazy it came and went, it led to some good feedback and discussions. I've been trying to continue a couple threads here & there. Thinking of some new ideas for threads at the moment.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I don't post much but I read pretty everthing here

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Trust me we are all frustrated and trying to think of new ways to enhance; but GNR of course is giving nothing for us to work with and discuss all that much. I just think the in fighting against certain members is getting tiresome. I'm all for having different opinions to add to the discussion; but it can get out of hand.

AtariLegend wrote:

Seen slower periods throughout this forum since 2006. The forum will survive without those 2.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I like this forum, I think it is one of the best gnr forums going. I don't post a lot, but I do read and it's nice to have a place that isn't spammed every few minutes with crappy topics by bored people.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Board footer