You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

Just heard Going Down for the first time. Kinda mediocre IMHO.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Goin Down isn't anywhere in 14 Years or Dust N Bones class... hell not even So Fine

ppp

ppp wrote:

Nikki Sixx spoke about "Going Down" during the latest edition of Sixx Sense. He said it wasn't a real GNR song because Tommy sings.

After that, some people on Twitter mentioned that Nikki doesn't like Axl or nuGNR anyhow. I don't seem to remember him ever mentioning Axl or GNR in anyway before, has he dissed them in the past?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah. Basically said the same thing when he heard one of the CD leaks with Axl singing.

It's okay, I would react the same way if I were a big douche who saw someone whoe plays my instrument who has more talent, more cred and less hairspray and make up, and didn't need a gimmick to make it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

ppp wrote:

Nikki Sixx spoke about "Going Down" during the latest edition of Sixx Sense. He said it wasn't a real GNR song because Tommy sings.

After that, some people on Twitter mentioned that Nikki doesn't like Axl or nuGNR anyhow. I don't seem to remember him ever mentioning Axl or GNR in anyway before, has he dissed them in the past?

They have a history I suppose. I know that Axl and Vince hated each other's guts in the early 90s. I heard Nikki thought Axl was an egotistical asshole or something close to that in an interview a few years back. It's kind of shame because Nikki and DJ are close friends/bandmates and I know Nikki respects DJ's decision of being in the band despite him disliking the current version and ways of GUNS and Axl in general.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Still enjoying Going Down, solid tune. Love the melodies of Axls backing vox I think theyre pretty catchy. The solo feels like an afterthought, would like to hear it with a bluesier more traditional GNR solo maybe see what DJ or Richard could do with it. All in all though I'd happily see it on any new GNR album.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Going Down even in it`s current state, is much better than anything this clown Nikki Sixx has ever committed to tape either with motley poo or  sixx am shit plus, he is n`t the one who should be dissing Axl for carrying on GNR. Why did n`t he change name of motley crue when he replaced Vince Fat Neil with John Corabi ?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Totally agree

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl thought Vince was hitting on his girl, or maybe it was the other way around. Anyway there was a commotion and they had this little media war where they were supposed to meet up and fight (Vince's idea). Lucky for Vince Axl never showed, but apparently they still have this band thing where Axl is a running joke.

Sixx doesn't know what he's talking about, and he's a major hypocrite. Going Down is a very good song. Axl's presence may be minimal, but it does leave a solid mark. Nikki could only dream of having his talent.

Board footer