You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Still moving towards PS4 in the future despite this change of heart from Xbox.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Still moving towards PS4 in the future despite this change of heart from Xbox.

ditto

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I was gonna boycott the Xbone but after this, I might need to get it for Halo and Killer Instinct.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Are all modern games just shoot'em ups? Been playing the Uncharted series, working my way through 3 just now, love it but I do find the never ending baddies I have to shoot a bit tiresome.
Looking for something to play next but seems like every game I check out is just more walking around with guns shooting shit up, surely theres something else out there, any recomendations?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

If you like Drake's Fortune, but get tired of the shooting sequences, check out The Last Of Us (also by Naughty Dog). Sort of Walking Dead meets Drake's Fortune. A lot less focus on shooting baddies, a lot more on stealth and cleverly avoiding confrontation. Amazing voice acting, great pacing and excellent story line. I'm somewhat of a story-driven adventure-game nut, so I'd probably rate Heavy Rain above this, but many reviewers are calling this the best PS3 game yet, and some go as for as calling it the best game of this console generation. I'm about halfway through and no sign of repetitiveness and boredom yet, two sittings of 4 hours each... difficult to put down this one...

Oh, and it's gorgeous to boot...

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Are all modern games just shoot'em ups? Been playing the Uncharted series, working my way through 3 just now, love it but I do find the never ending baddies I have to shoot a bit tiresome.
Looking for something to play next but seems like every game I check out is just more walking around with guns shooting shit up, surely theres something else out there, any recomendations?

Walking Dead
Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Trials HD
God of War
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect Trilogy
Fez
Castlevania Lord of Shadow
Joe Danger
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Portal 2
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
World of Goo
Rayman Origins 
Okami HD 
Shadow Complex 
Forza Motorsport 3
Prince of Persia 
Demon's Souls
The Swapper
Bionic Commando Rearmed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Cheers lads! I've watched some of a "lets play" of The Last of Us, must say I did get drawn in, I'll definently be picking that up next.

Irish I shoulda specified PS3, its a pity cause I checked out that Forza Motorsport and it looked awesome, then got bummed out when I found out it was Xbox only 14

I did have Skyrim but gave a loan of it to someone and never seen it again, last I heard it put a serious strain on his relationship with his bird lol, is it really that good? What about Oblivion, the prequal, any good?

I liked the look of God Of War 3 but I've never played the first 2, does the PS3 play PS2 games?

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/ … y-dlc-soon

The new Bioshock Infinite DLC details. Looks rather appealing. I may do the season pass stuff.

Me_Wise_Magic

Playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on 3DS. It's addictive. Played the original game on Gamecube years ago. My town is 5150 cool

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Whats that 3ds like? Was thinking of getting one to play the Zelda games, is it comfortable enough staring into such a small screen? I'm not going to end up cross eyed am I?

Board footer