You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

This guy has fucking talent. Channels the legend with a little twist of his own here & there.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Anybody else hating the over aggressive police in GTAV? Shoot to kill for running a red light?

It's more realistic though I guess...

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really stuck atm. I want to buy a Playstation 4, but there's no game till next year that I actually want to play on it. Though there's a bigger issue, backward compatibility.

Why the fuck can't they just let us play Playstation 3 games on it? I'm honestly confused, this is worse than Playstation 3 Slim versions, not letting you play PS2 and PSX games on it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Probably because it saves them money not to include it. Still, why don't have exclusive versions for some extra bucks? Pisses me off too since I got rid of my PS3 some time ago, and now I want to play GTA, but I'm not too keen on buying ANOTHER PS3 when the fourth one is right around the corner.

Big business sucks.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really stuck atm. I want to buy a Playstation 4, but there's no game till next year that I actually want to play on it. Though there's a bigger issue, backward compatibility.

Why the fuck can't they just let us play Playstation 3 games on it? I'm honestly confused, this is worse than Playstation 3 Slim versions, not letting you play PS2 and PSX games on it.

Yeah...I'm not buying it at launch; but I'm considering just skipping these next gen systems. Just going to keep catching up on some older games that I haven't finished and wear out the systems I have and then have PC as a good enough option when moving forward. Want to get a good set up in the future. I was all for cheering Sony on for making good planning; but ignoring backwards compatibility for a system you are still promoting and making games for with new hard ware that's more expensive and won't play both pieces of software makes no sense. It's a waste of money if you don't have one or the other. PS4 would rake in so much cash and respect if they were able to do both. Get everyone on their side; but no. This is just ridiculous now. XBONE OR XBOX 180..fuck that too. I'll see what happens in the next few years. I have a few friends that have already pre-ordered new consoles when there isn't even a whole lot of games; just to compete with trends and they are wasting a ton of money. Best to wait it out.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Completed The Last of Us, damn that was a good game, what a gripping story.

Told ya so smile.

I'm having a hard time finding a worthy follow-up though... I had high hopes for Beyond Two Souls, but it's definitely less interactive than Heavy Rain and not nearly as fun to play. Still a good story and good acting by Ellen Page and William Dafoe, but not enough game to even come up to even earn the right to be in the same room with The Last of Us.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^ That's how I felt about Alan Wake. Why they aren't making a sequel is beyond me. Just the exploration is incredible. It's like David Lynch and David Fincher got together and decided to make a video game.

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Yeah...I'm not buying it at launch; but I'm considering just skipping these next gen systems. Just going to keep catching up on some older games that I haven't finished and wear out the systems I have and then have PC as a good enough option when moving forward. Want to get a good set up in the future. I was all for cheering Sony on for making good planning; but ignoring backwards compatibility for a system you are still promoting and making games for with new hard ware that's more expensive and won't play both pieces of software makes no sense. It's a waste of money if you don't have one or the other. PS4 would rake in so much cash and respect if they were able to do both. Get everyone on their side; but no. This is just ridiculous now. XBONE OR XBOX 180..fuck that too. I'll see what happens in the next few years. I have a few friends that have already pre-ordered new consoles when there isn't even a whole lot of games; just to compete with trends and they are wasting a ton of money. Best to wait it out.

Same here. I'm not buying XboxOne until next year at the earliest.  Is it me or does this launch have a weaker slate of games available than usual? I still want to get LA Noir, Max Payne 3, GTA V, and some others.

Some of the criticism of Arkham Origins is that it's too similar to Arkham City... I haven't played the latter. Should I just buy Origins first?

Me_Wise_Magic

From what I heard it's a good game; but no Arkham City or Asylum in terms of story and exploration. I haven't played it yet; but I started Mass Effect the other day. Plus continuing a couple other games on my 360 and 3DS at the moment. Waiting for the next Steam sale to get some cheap games too. Also my dad got Call of Duty Ghosts for the both of us (even though I've had my fill of that franchise)..but Ill give it a go.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually heard Arkham Origins is a GREAT story, just as good as Arkham City or better than Arkham Asylum. Where it lacks is everything else. It's basically a lift of Arkham City, with an expanded map for no good reason. Most of it's just kinda there.

I still haven't played it yet, and some of the reviews shocked me, because I was expecting a fall, but not a free fall. Then you listened to the reviews, and they weren't that critical, but their overall scores were low.

I'm still anxious to play it, because it doesn't sound "as bad" as it's reviews. But I wasn't expecting the earlier Arkham's just because Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy weren't there alone, offering the authenticity to it. I know I was crushed to find out the Riddler side-mission stuff was gone. Completely gone. Total bummer.

ID... I definitely would get Arkham City first. Arkham City honestly is a masterpiece to me. I thought the story was just as good as anything in the films, and it's just loads of fun, and bigger and badder than Asylum. Basically Arkham City is the gaming's "Dark Knight" or "Batman Returns" moment. Everything the ante has been upped. Plus, right now -- it's ALOT cheaper. So i'd bite on City first.

I'm gonna grab Origins here in the next month when I get a break from my busy schedule and i'll holla back and let you guys know what's really up with it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Completed The Last of Us, damn that was a good game, what a gripping story.

Told ya so smile.

I'm having a hard time finding a worthy follow-up though... I had high hopes for Beyond Two Souls, but it's definitely less interactive than Heavy Rain and not nearly as fun to play. Still a good story and good acting by Ellen Page and William Dafoe, but not enough game to even come up to even earn the right to be in the same room with The Last of Us.

I've also found myself with a Last Of Us shaped hole in my life 16

I've started playing it again on hard, theres a couple of things I've noticed, there some places I have no memory of,I'd swear they were new. I guess I was just so creeped out and on edge I never paid as much attention to detail as I thought and just kept pushing on.
Also, now I know the story, watching the characters and their reactions as it happens, I see and understand so much more in their behavior, expressions and reactions. Its a work of art, I still think the gameplay is quite simple, but the game is just so engrossing you dont really notice.

Board footer