You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Olorin wrote:

You know what I want, a good First World War or Second World War game on the PS3, do any exist? I remember there was some brilliant games on the PS2, I prefer them to the new modern warfare games.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

You know what I want, a good First World War or Second World War game on the PS3, do any exist? I remember there was some brilliant games on the PS2, I prefer them to the new modern warfare games.

Call of duty, battlefield, medal of honour....I'm not a 1st person shooter guy but these are all WWII games I think

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Thanks Neemo I looked at a few of them on youtube, I actually quite like the look of a couple of the modern war games, Call of Duty 4 looks pretty cool.

I had no idea there were so many of these games out there, been living under a rock I think.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bought Max Payne 3 on Thursday.  Beat it Friday night.  It was awesome. Also bought LA Noire.  Hated the characters. Didn't like the stories, hated the game play.  Boring.  Forced myself to finish it.

I'm eyeing Dead Space and Arkham City next. Is DS any good?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bought Max Payne 3 on Thursday.  Beat it Friday night.  It was awesome. Also bought LA Noire.  Hated the characters. Didn't like the stories, hated the game play.  Boring.  Forced myself to finish it.

If you liked the original Resident Evil games then you will like Dead Space.  Very similar vibe and extremely atmospheric. Make sure to turn the lights off and if you're feeling really brave, a good set of headphones. 18

Olorin: The 1st and 2nd Call of Duty games are amazing WWII games and my personal favs, all the characters are based on real people and their experiences during the war. Play on the highest difficulty, yes you will die A LOT, but so much more rewarding.

Other awesome games :
Battlefield 1942
Company of Heroes
Heroes and Generals
Red Orchestra 2
Rising Storm
Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor: European Assault

.....and more worth playing:
Sniper Elite V2
Men of War
Hidden and Dangerous 2
Commandos Strike Force

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Olorin wrote:

Thanks Neemo I looked at a few of them on youtube, I actually quite like the look of a couple of the modern war games, Call of Duty 4 looks pretty cool.

I had no idea there were so many of these games out there, been living under a rock I think.

Get Call of Duty 4 since it's cheap now and is also the last great COD story in my honest opinion. The campaign was amazing and then the whole franchise just got over saturated after that. The other games after it have their moments; but 4 in my opinion had a great story and events to take part in. Call of Duty 2 is awesome and 3 is pretty fun. 3 still has multiplayer servers just to screw around. Love the fighting in the tanks. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you liked the original Resident Evil games then you will like Dead Space.  Very similar vibe and extremely atmospheric. Make sure to turn the lights off and if you're feeling really brave, a good set of headphones. 18

Olorin: The 1st and 2nd Call of Duty games are amazing WWII games and my personal favs, all the characters are based on real people and their experiences during the war. Play on the highest difficulty, yes you will die A LOT, but so much more rewarding.

Other awesome games :
Battlefield 1942
Company of Heroes
Heroes and Generals
Red Orchestra 2
Rising Storm
Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor: European Assault

.....and more worth playing:
Sniper Elite V2
Men of War
Hidden and Dangerous 2
Commandos Strike Force

Love European Assault. 4 player matches on my ps2 with friends made lots of good memories. MOH: Rising Sun is pretty good too. It certain missions, the music score does this unique way of adding tension when going up against the enemy AI and even in multiplayer it does that.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

DS is very, very good... First time I played it I wasn't able to finish it due to a strange difficulty spike in the middle of the game which forced me to keep playing the same map over and over again. Gave up after a while. Second time around (started from the beginning again) I blew past that level as if it was nothing, I figure I must have missed something on my first pass.

Besides that you should probably be aware that the game can feel desolate at times, which is of course the atmosphere they are going for, but can be off putting to some people (I loved it, personally).

You've reminded me that I still have DS2 laying around somewhere that I still need to start!

AtariLegend wrote:

Finished Grand Theft Auto 5 and Last Of Us on offnights of WOW raiding sad.

Last of Us was really cool, but it suffers from the Final Fantasy XIII issue of the game, being so much about the story that it, becomes linear. It really picks up a few chapters in after getting used to the controls. Still about false choices, I realize they were going for the movie ending. Still though, I'd like a free world roaming version of it with choices that actually influence the story. Finished it 3 nights, got the game months ago. Was so wrapped up in other stuff, I hadn't got around to putting it on.

Grand Theft Auto 5, oh boy. I'd been playing this for a while, since the release. Look's amazing, some great missions specifically the the heists. A lot of diversity this time around which is good.

On the other hand, the set up missions for the heists are repetitive and the least fun part of it. There actually aren't a lot of heists which is weird when they give you options and ways to unlock other crew members. The progression is paced weirdly. i.e Money, you don't actually get it often and you actually get the weapons from half the missions, making ammunition stores semi-redundant. Cars are redundant with the upgrades, especially when using Franklin (i.e Super driving slow motion). The police AI is just ridiculous, they shoot to kill for just looking the wrong way. The online mode is a mess.

I'm making it sound like I hated it both games, but I actually don't. I just see flaws.

Board footer