You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

misterID wrote:

Thanks for the DS feedback IRISH OS1R1S and TheMole. smile

I was thinking about getting GTA V but going by your reviews I might be better off waiting a while and picking it up at Game Stop. The Police AI is something I've been hearing a lot of complaints about.

The only game prospect that will make me flip is Red Dead Redemption 2, whenever that comes out. That would literally make me go out and buy Xbox One that very day. I'd love an Alan Wake 2, but they're saying that's probably never going to happen sad

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I dunno if its because I'm getting older or because I finally have a halfway decent gaming PC, but I could literally not care less about either of the new consoles that have come out recently.  It doesn't help that the launch lineups have been shit either.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cheers Irish I knew I could rely on you, I've got a few games lined up now smile>

Listen guys, I almost certainly get a wee bit of cash in the next 2 weeks... unless I take a running roundhouse headbutt to one of my managers, which is long overdue and well deserved., if I can keep control of my anger and get my Christmas bonus... is a 3ds XL really worth the money? Is there enough games to make it worth while for an adult? I think the new Zelda looks awesome, Ocarine of Time is one of my faves of all time.... but is there anything else to make it worthwhile splashing out all that dough?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Cheers Irish I knew I could rely on you, I've got a few games lined up now smile>

Listen guys, I almost certainly get a wee bit of cash in the next 2 weeks... unless I take a running roundhouse headbutt to one of my managers, which is long overdue and well deserved., if I can keep control of my anger and get my Christmas bonus... is a 3ds XL really worth the money? Is there enough games to make it worth while for an adult? I think the new Zelda looks awesome, Ocarine of Time is one of my faves of all time.... but is there anything else to make it worthwhile splashing out all that dough?

I, my wife and kid already have a 3ds and I just yesterday splashed out on the new Zelda xl version. You can't go wrong with that machine. If you combine all the triple A titles on all the current consoles at the moment I bet the 3ds has more than them all combined. You just need to be a fan of games and gameplay rather than graphics. Obviously the 3ds can't compete graphically, but for pure game fun it cannot be beaten, hell the sales figures speak for themselves. One gripe I have with the machine is the batterry life, it kinda sucks, but I mainly play with it plugged in.

.......and never say is it worth while for an adult. That kills me whenever anyone says that. Is it really any more mature/realistic that you survive 8 bullets in a call of duty game than Jumping on a goomba? It's all fantasy at the end of the day and the bottom line is what gives you joy. I bet you have just as much fun playing Mario, Zelda etc as any other game. Scratch that, I bet you have MORE fun.

I personally love a good game, regardlesss of the machine it is on or how it looks. If it is awesome then it is awesome.

3ds, go for it.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Sold! Ok Im in, I watched about 40 mins of a Zelda ALBW... I was sucked in, add OOT into the mix and I'm caught, hook line and sinker big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'll prolly get a ps4 next year...I.still.have some games to complete on Wii and 360 first

AtariLegend wrote:

So there's been speculation that the PS4 has been outselling XBone 2-1 in some places/sites. That's cool, considering I ended up getting a PS4.

Despite accepting the ridiculous no backward compatibility, I actually didn't realize you couldn't even use media from a USB stick and supposedly can't even listen to CD's on it yet. Seriously WTF?

Only got 2 games for it, "Knack" (which I read so many bad reviews for that I didn't bother taking it out of packaging yet) and "Call of Duty: Ghosts". "Ghosts" is boring repetitive and sorry to offend FPS fans, but is there really any sort of difference to this and FPS's a decade ago. Graphically it looks like a PS3 game (character models ect.). Rocks and attention to detail and the ground, is not that great. The multi player hasn't moved that much forward, except support for a few more people in a game. I know there's versions of this for the PS3/X Box 360 too, but I'd be stunned if apart from loading times there is any real difference. The single player campaign or what I played of it so far, is pretty generic.

I remember playing Half Life 2 years ago. I really would have expected back then for FPS games almost 10 years later to come a long way and the next generation of consoles to deliver something a lot more special. Playing as a dog is just not enough.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Alright chaps, I'm heading for a sober a boring 2014 but fortunately I have umpteen ps3 titles to keep me occupied... on xmas I got Tombraider, Bioshock Infinate, Farcry 3... from last year I still have Max Payne 3 and the first 2 Batmans... I'm thinking I'm gonnie start with Tombraider... any educated mofos disagreeing?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Alright chaps, I'm heading for a sober a boring 2014 but fortunately I have umpteen ps3 titles to keep me occupied... on xmas I got Tombraider, Bioshock Infinate, Farcry 3... from last year I still have Max Payne 3 and the first 2 Batmans... I'm thinking I'm gonnie start with Tombraider... any educated mofos disagreeing?

I'd be interested in your opinion of Max Payne 3 and the 2 Batmans whenever you get around to playing them, was thinking about downloading the Arkham City demo but have enough games to play already here too 22

The missus got me a PS3 for Xmas so feel free to add me for multiplayers guys, "will_orkney". Only have a couple of games (GTA5, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Worms 2: Armageddon) but will no doubt be getting Arkham soon, and I'm thinking of picking up Urban Trial Freestyle since it's apparently a decent ripoff of Trials HD for PC/360?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I love the original Worms Armageddon. Such an underrated party game. Some good times playing it with friends and making silly team names. 16

Board footer