You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Walking Dead

AtariLegend wrote:

Just watched part of one of my favorite films again "The Mist". Just struck me how many of the regulars from "Walking Dead" were in it. Supposedly Thomas Jane was supposed to be Rick as well, during original pitch for the show.

It's on Netflix I know there was a discussion several years ago about the film, but it's well worth watching if you've never heard of it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Cool points. I still need to see that movie. The reason for them showing up is because Frank Darabount, the original showrunner and creator of the first season and alot of production, writing on the first half of Season 2 directed the Mist. smile He's best friends with the man who played Dale and one of the characters in that movie and Shawshank. He's friends with the actress of Andrea, Jon (Shane's actor), and many others. Dale's actor wanted to leave during the middle of Season 2 due to Darabount getting fired or quit early on (depends on who you ask); so they killed his character off. Even though Dale's character in the comics is supposed to last much longer and it's a shame cause alot of people on the crew regretted changing the script for that and the cast wasn't too keen on it. Darabount from what I heard was being abit of a diva with how he wanted to run the show, he fired a good number of writers early on, and wanted a huge budget. Which he got for Season 1 which was movie big and that's one of the reasons he wanted it a short 6 episodes. With season 2 they had to basically put some ground control and had to reason with AMC on several matters. I'm really hoping Scott Gimple is the man with the plan with the rest of the Season 4 and what happens in Season 5 and beyond.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Last night's episode was fucking terrible. All the way around. They even made Michonne suck. It's what Peter Griffin would call a "Meg Episode."

They made the season debut about Carl. I hated Carl before, now I absolutely despise him. First time I was rooting for a zombie to kill off a character since Dale.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

EDIT.

How I got a triple post is beyond me... I guess I hated the episode more than I thought so the internet had to post it three times.

Haha, fixed it for you.

I kinda gave up after the first few episodes. It felt like instead of immediately building on the previous season they were introducing new characters, new love interest, new cannon fodder etc.

Probably watch it in one swoop when the season is over, at least then I can fast forward.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I thought the premiere was decent. Slow paced but hopefully they are building to something good. The first half kinda started hot and then cooled off so hoping this half is the opposite.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I thought the premiere was decent. Slow paced but hopefully they are building to something good. The first half kinda started hot and then cooled off so hoping this half is the opposite.

From what I'm seeing of the preview of the next episode, it will involve wrapping up the rest of the guys in the separated groups.

Hidden Text:

Then they will meet up in the safe zone talked about earlier in the season or something like that. Honestly the highlight of this recent episode was Michonne. Strong character growth. This episode was straight out of the comics for the most part too. I admit it's a more somber not as hectic episode; but these couple episodes are definitely shaping up for something bigger to impact the end of this season and probably going into a conflict in S5 or 6. Also I heard from reviewers that Judith's whereabouts will happen in one of these episodes. If she's truly dead or not.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I didn't like it either. NOTHING HAPPENED!!  Michonn was kinda lame & I also hate the kid.  I really hope he doesn't take much of a leading role, a kid/teen cannot 'carry a show' like this!!  Too much is riding on it, uggh write him off already, or limit his role.  Rick is great & needs to be in charge.  I've come to like Daryl, tho I thought he was corner at first.  I think the actor does a really good job with it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Last night's episode was fucking terrible. All the way around. They even made Michonne suck. It's what Peter Griffin would call a "Meg Episode."

They made the season debut about Carl. I hated Carl before, now I absolutely despise him. First time I was rooting for a zombie to kill off a character since Daryl.

I think they've reached a point where AMC should consider turning it into a concept show. Kill off the entire cast, minus maybe Daryl, and just start new and say the rocky mountains or a different locale in Canada somewhere.

I don't hate it, but without a doubt True Detective and Sons of Anarchy are far better shows on TV, with far less viewers.

johndivney wrote:

this show is total shit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If they had just focused on Daryl and the blonde girl it would have been realy good. There are just too many characters. And Carol just shows up in the woods to save the day?

I'm skipping through big portions of the show on my DVR.

Board footer