You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

BLS-Pride wrote:

American Hustle.

Great movie. Really good acting by Bale and Jennifer Lawrence.  She plays crazy a little too well. Amy Adams was also equally as good and as beautiful. Really enjoyed it. Bale's comb over is epic too. Id recommend it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:

American Hustle.

Great movie. Really good acting by Bale and Jennifer Lawrence.  She plays crazy a little too well. Amy Adams was also equally as good and as beautiful. Really enjoyed it. Bale's comb over is epic too. Id recommend it.

Glad to hear it man! I've been needing to see that movie for awhile now. Hoping to pick it up real soon.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wanna see American Hustle.  I did see Dallas Buyers Club. It's really good, a bit raw/realistic.  Kinda resembles Swingers in its lo-fi, steadicam etc kinda make.  McCaughnehy is real good in it, he becomes the character really good.  Jared Leto is good, only not a big spoiler but

Hidden Text:

I heard his character wasn't real, he was just written in as part of the script to enhance it a bit.  TBH it seemed a bit extreme, a little too much of an anomoly.  Although I suppose he represented all the gay men the man encountered throughout his 5-6 years of running the operation. I think the script was essentially taken from a Dallas Morning Star article from way back when.

Pretty interesting for those of us who are older, to remember way back when AIDS was new & unspoken of.  I remember the rumors & heresay about the disease & the slogan "You can't get AIDS from a toilet seat".  Kinda makes you wonder if it was a fabricated panic over it all.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Saw Captain America: The Winter Solider a couple weeks ago. Badass movie and probably the best put together of the Marvel solo films. It's got something for everybody. Chris Evans owns that role.

I'm going to a festival next week; so I may check out a movie the day before the concert sets. Maybe Oculus or Amazing Spidey 2. Not sure.

johndivney wrote:

Chris Evans is a pretty boy fuckwit. Captain America's a court jester. Fuck the both of them.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Watched around a dozen De Palma films over Easter. Carlito's Way, Femme Fatale and Body Double were especially good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saw "Nonstop". Was decent, but a renter.

Black Rock, not bad for watching on HBO or something. Not worth renting

Captain Phillips. Badass

AtariLegend wrote:

Watched the "Mad Max" trilogy recently.

I have such fond memories of seeing "Beyond Thunderdome" when I was a kid. I know it's a complete cheese fest, but I loved it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Finally watched The Desolation of Smaug...

Even though I seen every other LOTR film in the cinema twice, have all the previous dvds and blu-rays, not to mention the mountain of books... I never bothered to go see this. I just had a bad feeling after watching the first, which I did enjoy overall despite the huge amount of Peter Jacksons clichéd filler material and pointless action scenes.
But I think I lost interest in Part 2 when I read about Legolas being brought back and love story between an Elf and a fucking dwarf... urgh.  He got worse and worse with the LOTR films as they went on, adding in his own drivel, so I could see from how he started out with The Hobbit, the other 2 films were probably going to be crammed full of his garbage.

But fuck me, even in my wildest nightmares I couldnt have imagined how just brutally he has raped and sodomized Tolkien, it is a fuckin disgrace. I'm not going to go on and on, but it starting going bad for me 2 minutes in where he repeated his drunk chewing on a carrot cameo from The Fellowship, oh how cute. Prick.
After that it was downhill all the way, I've never had a movie experience that was so torturous to sit through, I was writhing in disgust all the way through it.

Oh and putting aside the Tolkien factor for a moment and judging it on its own merits as a stand alone screenplay and film experience?

What a lot of fuckin shite. A souless disjointed mess of CGI action sequences, terrible acting and clichéd dialogue.

Any redeeming features? I think Bard was quite well cast and I enjoyed his scenes and performance.

The rest? Fuck right off!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

My favorite part is, after walking and fighting across half of Middle Earth to reach their holy ancestral city, they try to find the keyhole for about 30 seconds before they give up and say "alright, let's go home".

These new Hobbit movies actually manage to make the LOTR trilogy worse.

Board footer