You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

misterID wrote:

What Axl fanboys are you talking about?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mister ID, was Axl lying when he said he loved Slash in 06 or that he was a cancer in 09?  Lol. Just fucking with you. Axl probably has the biggest overall character issues and has probably always been the biggest dick (see Erin, Stephanie, Kurt Cobain, on and on for evidence). Slash tells white lies, bullshit lies. Axl undermined the whole fucking thing. So it is all semantics really. None are totally lying, all are remembering things differently. But Matt, Slash, Duff, and Izzy agree a lot more with each other than they do Axl. Axl is the outlier.

Loved, as in past tense wink
The cancer comment was stupid and a complete dick move.

What does Kurt have to do with anything? I love Kurt but the dude was a phony who used Axl as his arch enemy to help promote himself. And he was a dick. He actually threatened a reporter that he was going to hire a hitman to snuff her out if she kept reporting about Courtney's heroin use during her pregnancy. He's actually caught on tape saying it and how it didn't mean shit for him to do it.

Erin was arrested not long ago for doing to her current (maybe ex now) husband what Axl accused her of. She showed up at a show... I have no idea about the Stephanie situation, only that she lost her nanny to Axl. I think he's got women issues, though 16

Matt, Izzy, Duff and Slash do not see things the same. Their stories have changed, as Axlin pointed out. I heard Matt on a radio show once a long time ago with my own ears say that Axl got them stoned and drunk and forced them to sign over the name... including himself, even though he didn't have any ownership of the name... That's funny.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Wait, did someone use Kurt Cobain as proof that Axl is a jerk? If I remember right, Axl actually promoted Nirvana before most people in the mainstream had any idea who they were. When he asked Nirvana to open for GN'R, Kurt acted like a pretentious douche bag. Kurt is the reason that feud began, not Axl. There are a lot better examples of Axl's volatile personality, namely his ex-wife.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
misterID wrote:

Matt, Izzy, Duff and Slash do not see things the same. Their stories have changed, as Axlin pointed out..

Axl is no different:

Old Axl says that Slash didn't care if the UYI tours caused him huge personal damage. Young Axl tells Rolling Stone the guy is his closest confidant and ally on the tour and a "hand that he would never bite."

Old Axl says taking the name was because of the health issues within his band. Young Axl described the move as "the power rewards of my vision".

Young Axl says that GNR would never become the band that Old Axl turned it into.

There are many more...there were two dancing this tango.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh goddammit Intercourse, you are so fucking reaching on those statements. You're concluding Axl's statements regarding Slash BEFORE the breakup as definitive proof of his opinion and to quote George Bush "flip flopper" status, yet me, you, and every fucking fence post in the world know you cannot compare the two.

That's like the argument of the girl who cheated on her husband citing, "but you said you loved me at the alter", after she spend her Friday's in interracial gangbangs with the local football team. Yeah but but but.... you said you'd love me "as long as we both shall live". That's what you said....

That's the logic you're using right now. Every statement I used came out of Slash's own mouth--post in the break up. From whatever interview he's doing today to his own auto-bio (which most consider their definitive statement on well... everything).

Young Axl said that GN'R would never turn into what old Axl turned it into--yeah and old Axl never thought his friend (Izzy) would tuck and run when the heat got turned up. Old Axl probably never envisioned St. Louis ever happening, and yet it did. Old Axl never thought that when the going got tough that Slash would've just up and quit the band. Do you know what that fucking means? Do you have any clue? A band literally is a marriage. That's like a wife, out of the blue, coming and asking for a divorce, and citing NO reason, other than the fact you didn't like her Christmas gifts (pretty much the equivalent of Slash's logic of quitting at the time). And when pressed for a response--oh yeah, you're a dictator. Dictator of what? I'm not gonna talk about it, because I need my cool moment, like i'm making some fucking statement. And here we are.... if Axl's guilty, then Slash is equally if not more so guilty because as soon as they weren't working (or fucking in my analogy)--he bolted. Slash has NEVER owned up to his guilt in this--EVER. Slash has never owned up to the statement he made not just qutting on Axl, but also leaving his main man Duff behind. It was not a universal decision. Slash bailed on Duff too.

The only thing i've seen from you is "the power rewards of my vision". That's your smoking gun? And i'm the one in fucking dream world? Okay Fred Krueger...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

I heard Matt on a radio show once a long time ago with my own ears say that Axl got them stoned and drunk and forced them to sign over the name... including himself, even though he didn't have any ownership of the name... That's funny.

What I find interesting is that despite the changing statements from both sides, and all the questionable things they have all done, Axl is still seen as "the bad guy". Not only by causuals, but by GN'R's own fans.

I really think it's only because he's an easy target, and I suspect some people in the old band knew that and played on it. Particularly Slash.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh and another thing regarding the Izzy quotes and how 'legit' Intercourse is because he's quoting interviews... I may have not quoted any actual quotes, but all of my feelings and statements are derived from FAR FAR FAR more recent statements by the band, including Izzy himself, as well as Axl, Slash & Duff.

Now in fairness, I can understand quoting Izzy (at the time) may make sense because it was all fresh. But it is in fact the incorrect way to view history. History is NEVER written immediately as it happens.

You read that interview with Izzy & Axl and I read that interview with Izzy & Axl, and got two entirely different reactions to it. What I saw was Izzy not feeling his opinion was valued. And the band. Not Axl--THE BAND disagreed. And what did Izzy do? He quit.

Then to Axl, "Izzy wanted the power and financial rewards of MY vision". I see that as a totally true statement from Axl. Axl even says it right in the interview YOU quoted. Izzy wanted to play clubs and keep GN'R a LA version of the New York Dolls. Izzy never wanted Rolling Stones-level success. Hell watch Axl & Izzy perform Salt of the Earth with the Stones in 1989. Axl is having a BALL performing with Mick. You can see it as a dream realized. Izzy looks stiff, uncomfortable, and out of his element. Whether it was being awe struck, or what I said. Izzy was never destined to be a super star, no different than Buckethead isn't. They just don't play the game the right way.

Axl knew this. Slash knew this. Duff knew this.

But you are not giving ANY bullshit to Slash & Duff, and neither are your fans in this thread. It's all "fuck Axl". Well that's fine, fuck Axl. But let's fuck Slash & fuck Duff too. The three of them ALL wanted super-stardom. And when Axl said "me & Slash are a team" Axl was referring solely to Izzy's lack of interest in wanting to be anymore than a small act. Izzy didn't want to take it to the next level. Izzy didn't want to follow a schedule (yeah I know, ironic considering Axl). Izzy was fine being a minor-leaguer, and Axl, Slash & Duff all wanted to be World Champion New York Yankees. They wanted to be at the Show in a major league way. A legendary way, and they were all in agreement (or so they thought). Izzy didn't want that, and Izzy (according to your quotes) made it clear he didn't want that.

It almost makes you wonder if Izzy quit because he thought Axl & Slash would force him out no different than Steven.

My proof? Has Slash toured with Izzy?

Point proven

Izzy might be one of the most unreliable GN'R members in the history of the band, more than Axl, more than Bucket. And this is the guy with the truth? I would take it with more of a grain of salt than Axl or Slash.

Mikkamakka wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

M Axl probably has the biggest overall character issues and has probably always been the biggest dick (see Erin, Stephanie, Kurt Cobain, on and on for evidence).

Yes because ex-grilfriends and enemies are sure to give unbiased accounts of a persons  character.

Therefore it's quite fortunate that we have Axl fanboys who haven't even met their God in person, but help to tell the truth to clear things up. 22

The only people with a God fetish around here are you and your buddies, with your obvious fixation on Slash.

We have a TON of Slashites on this board. But I for one have NEVER seen an Axlite on Evo in its entire existence. All I see is people slagging on how much Axl's voice sucks today, Axl sucks, Axl broke up the band, Axl created the AIDS virus. Fuck him.

If that's an Axl fanboy... i'd hate to meet the guys who actually hate him.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would say Axlin and mrID are the biggest Axlites left. RussTC was one too, hell, he had special access to the band. Bono and Neemo were fair to both sides. Buzzsaw was fair too. Metallex, Mikka, D, myself, and maybe Aussie lean towards Slash I think. Ali is major Axlite as is AxlS and sometimes Lomax. I know I left many out. Sorry. Faldor leans Axl but is Fair to Slash.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would say I lean more towards the Slash side at the minute, mainly since we are getting product and output from him. Sure I haven't liked everything he's done but for me at least he seems liked he's moved on in the main and doesn't care about the petty feud anymore. That said over time I have felt Slash has more blame in the whole break up thing than I previously thought, he just seems to do it in a passive aggressive sort of way rather than Axls cry baby in your face manner.

What I won't cut Axl any slack on is his whoa is me attitude and seemingly refusal to ever take any blame for anything. I really would have thought that a guy his age might have had the mental maturity to leave the past in the past or at least try and deal with it is some appropriate manner if what Slash has done is just so bad. I don't mean deal with it so they can reunite, but rather so he can put that shit behind him and put it out of his mind, it doesn't seem healthy to me.

As for Team Brazil, from what I read Axl had no knowledge of the 3d release or that he had wanted it cancelled or something but they went ahead with it anyhow. I thought it was just the previous money hungry managers that did shit like that? Hell Goldstein was fired for booking a tour that Axl didn't know about, I mean really?  There have been numerous instances like this. In the past  they usually blamed it on management, guess Team Brazil can't do this when they are now wearing the mgt hat lol.

No surprise they went ahead with it, my guess is they were personally making some $$'s from the release too so probably went ahead to make sure that all the work wasnt wasted (and dollars spent to date wasted). Funny that, things like commercial reality must creep into your decision making when your managing an artist, but thats something Axl doesn't always seem to place as a high priority. He will do something just to prove a point or on principle even if it cost a bucketload of cash. Good luck TB, I'm sure you will be ultimately hired and fired a number of times by Axl. From a fans perspective it could work in our favour as TB try and get shit to happen and released for their own personal financial outcomes.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would say Axlin and mrID are the biggest Axlites left. RussTC was one too, hell, he had special access to the band. Bono and Neemo were fair to both sides. Buzzsaw was fair too. Metallex, Mikka, D, myself, and maybe Aussie lean towards Slash I think. Ali is major Axlite as is AxlS and sometimes Lomax. I know I left many out. Sorry. Faldor leans Axl but is Fair to Slash.

Gayest, most inaccurate post in the history of Evo.

Goddamn you are biased. I can't tell you how many flame wars I got into (including me vs. ID) by being critical of Axl, too much. But because I don't see everything through a Slash lens on a regular basis, anything that is ever slightly from the side of Axl, not just Slash fans, but GN'R fans in-general call that Axlism basically.

The more people douche things up like this, pick their firm side without hesistation and the fact that 98% of the entire universe blames Axl for the fall of the Soviet Union let alone GN'R...... the more I tend to believe every goddamn word he says.

The more you bash, the more Christ-like he becomes. So keep it coming.... roll

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would say I lean more towards the Slash side at the minute, mainly since we are getting product and output from him. Sure I haven't liked everything he's done but for me at least he seems liked he's moved on in the main and doesn't care about the petty feud anymore. That said over time I have felt Slash has more blame in the whole break up thing than I previously thought, he just seems to do it in a passive aggressive sort of way rather than Axls cry baby in your face manner.

What I won't cut Axl any slack on is his whoa is me attitude and seemingly refusal to ever take any blame for anything. I really would have thought that a guy his age might have had the mental maturity to leave the past in the past or at least try and deal with it is some appropriate manner if what Slash has done is just so bad. I don't mean deal with it so they can reunite, but rather so he can put that shit behind him and put it out of his mind, it doesn't seem healthy to me.

As for Team Brazil, from what I read Axl had no knowledge of the 3d release or that he had wanted it cancelled or something but they went ahead with it anyhow. I thought it was just the previous money hungry managers that did shit like that? Hell Goldstein was fired for booking a tour that Axl didn't know about, I mean really?  There have been numerous instances like this. In the past  they usually blamed it on management, guess Team Brazil can't do this when they are now wearing the mgt hat lol.

No surprise they went ahead with it, my guess is they were personally making some $$'s from the release too so probably went ahead to make sure that all the work wasnt wasted (and dollars spent to date wasted). Funny that, things like commercial reality must creep into your decision making when your managing an artist, but thats something Axl doesn't always seem to place as a high priority. He will do something just to prove a point or on principle even if it cost a bucketload of cash. Good luck TB, I'm sure you will be ultimately hired and fired a number of times by Axl. From a fans perspective it could work in our favour as TB try and get shit to happen and released for their own personal financial outcomes.

I honestly think Axl's reluctance to take blame for anything is the fact I think Axl never felt he had his story truly heard. Now whether that's TPTB's fault, or it's "hey Axl, you could've released a book already dude" and it's his fault, either way... I think that's Axl's reasoning behind constantly having to defend himself, and never giving an inch. Because think about it? Nobody EVER has anything positive to say towards him. Revolver Golden Gods might've been the first pro-Axl thing i've seen since 1992.

Even when Kurt Loder & John Norris were doing interviews with him putting him over, the negative reaction to anything Axl related being "fuck Axl, fuck Axl so fucking hard, fuck Asshole Rose!!!" showed ten tons of absolute hatred directed towards the man. They try to blame it on riots and late shows, but come on, we all know the real reason.... Axl is blamed as the guy who broke up the band period.

Doesn't matter what side of the fence anyone is on -- Axl is blamed SOLELY as the leading cause of the destruction of the band.

I look around more so than ever today and just do not get the Mel Gibson-level hatred Axl gets. Mel too. It's like... get over it already. If you hate it that bad, walk away. There's alot of great bands out there.

Board footer