You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: CD II info and potential release and tour plans in 2015-16

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha Otto, classic!!

Funniest post in 2014, at least. 14

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Good one! 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Sorry, but fuck off if your posting Manets sourced rumours.

How much shit and fake leaks has he posted down the years. He posted a few weeks ago on MYGNR that there were would be a press release that Bumblefoot had left the band the next day. Even gave an exact time, then said afterwards his source withdrew their claim.

This didn't come from manets. I wrote where it came from. He only repeated it. The info was backed up by others. Calm down. Read again. It's very, very clear. No need for that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. (...) It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.

(Axl, December, 2006)

Minor, he did mean minor additions were left in late 2006. The album came out 2 years later. So not even a written Axl statement means anything. A he said, she said rumour means even less.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Haha, that's awesome!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. (...) It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.

(Axl, December, 2006)

Minor, he did mean minor additions were left in late 2006. The album came out 2 years later. So not even a written Axl statement means anything. A he said, she said rumour means even less.

I guess you can take it any way you want. I choose to see it as a positive sign. He said in the statement it wasn't a guarantee. And it was well known that the label sat on the album for over a year before they released it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

(Axl, December, 2006)

I guess you can take it any way you want. I choose to see it as a positive sign. He said in the statement it wasn't a guarantee. And it was well known that the label sat on the album for over a year before they released it.

It took him a year instead of 2 weeks to hand over the material to the label.

Next time they'll also need to negotiate with the label. So...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When is Axl's contract finished with Uni (or whoever owns them now), anyone know?

If he can he should go independent. Sell special releases at inflated prices which the likes of us will eat up, like Trent did. Release albums, quietly, but the way he wants it, and use touring to promote the band. If he does that and plays nice the media will go along.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I think his current contract covers CD, AFDem and two future studio albums.

Going indie isn't yet in the cards, methinks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I'm getting the same vibe! I honestly thought the case was AFDem, CD follow up, maybe the remix album to cover some costs, a little more touring in other areas, and then whatever contract or deal Axl made with Universal, Jimmy Iovine, or who ever the fuck would be dealt with. Didn't know it was a third full album in the deal as well. Then he could go independent or casually release the rest of the vault's sessions (if that doesn't already have alot of legal red tape and money all over it.) to the fans and general public if he wants. Then make new piano music or ideas with DJ, Pitman, Dizzy, and such.

Board footer