You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Last book you read...

Von wrote:

VALIS

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

True story: I once dreamt of visiting a place in the wilderness, where there was this little girl who I knew to be the Messiah / God / what-have-you. She presented before me a vision of the apocalypse in the form of a flesh-eating virus, which would soon eradicate humanity.

You can imagine I was a bit stonked to read VALIS and witness Horselover Fat and his homies have a quite similar encounter smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I bought Dominique Moceanu's memoir Off Balance from Amazon. Gonna finally read the damn thing. I was a huge gymnastics fan in the mid/late 90s. Fans begged her for years to write a book. She finally did. Now we get to find out what was REALLY going on back then. I do know she admits to using drugs back then. I always had a feeling those girls were hopped up on something. Glad that one finally admits it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I bought Dominique Moceanu's memoir Off Balance from Amazon. Gonna finally read the damn thing. I was a huge gymnastics fan in the mid/late 90s. Fans begged her for years to write a book. She finally did. Now we get to find out what was REALLY going on back then. I do know she admits to using drugs back then. I always had a feeling those girls were hopped up on something. Glad that one finally admits it.

That sounds fascinating. I love reading memoirs. Let us know how it was when you finish, James. I'm intrigued. I recently reread Scott Weiland's memoir, Not Dead & Not for Sale. A really fun, if all too brief, read. But I love Scott.

Board footer