You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What if Myles helped Axl on vocals

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Except Slash has always been a known liar. Or should we just reference his autobiography for the facts? I've always believed Scott. And I believe that German article, too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

Duff and Slash said Scott was full of shit. And a German newspaper is hardly a great inside source. Slash has said they get offers every year,so it doesn't mean much.

Some sort of reunion will happen, IMO, but not any time soon. I remember being berrated as an idiot because I didn't think a reunion was happening anytime soon when Duff played with Axl in London. Really, they both have plans that will most likely take them through 2017, so it's not exactly around the corner.

What evidence do we have that Axl will be busy until 2017? He's out two guitarists so touring isn't looking like a definite. Even if an album is released in 2016 who will be touring with him? I think a reunion of some sort is more plausible at this point than two new members joining Axl. Richard seems to be in the know if he's to be believed. Maybe a Axl, Richard, Frank, Duff, Slash, Dizzy, Pitman line up? Or throw Tommy in there. I think that had more of a shot than Axl hiring 2 new members just to tour.

AtariLegend wrote:

There's no evidence for anything.

It's the "Rock N' Roll" Hall of Fame all over again. Odds are this time Adler will again come out in an interview and call Axl a joke or whatever, so people can blame him. "It'll be if only Adler hadn't said that, Axl totally would have done it", without Axl ever commenting on it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If they're talking again I think a reunion is inevitable. If there is some sort of mutual understanding or respect or dare I even say friendship again there's no way they don't want to get on stage together just for old times sake. Not to mention the $$$ they'd make.

It may be next year, it may be 2020 (hopefully sooner rather than later as nobodies getting younger) however in the short term I'm really interested to know the ins and outs of how they made up. Who, what, where, how? We may never find out unless one of them speaks about it but I'd be fascinated to hear how it came about and what was said.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Guys, I'm just telling you what I heard. The reason they haven't said anything in the year that they were communicating is that they didn't want the headache of reunion talk as they have plans. MSL and Jim have been right about everything, they knew they spoke and were communicating, and they have been pretty clear Axl is going forward with CD II and not a reunion at this time. They had a replcement for Ron already which fell through. They are preparing to move forward, so I'd guess that means they're looking for replacements.

Von, Duff also said Scott was full of it. They have said they get offers all the time. If there is an offer I don't doubt it, but its pretty meaningless at this point.

If anyone wants to believe a reunion is happening, that's your thing. Maybe it will. But I'm tempering those expectations and going with what MSL has said.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thanks for the info ID!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

They have said they get offers all the time. If there is an offer I don't doubt it, but its pretty meaningless at this point.

The point is, Axl thinks the excitable chatter has been an issue he's had with managers (Azoff, Doc McGhee, Peter Katsis?).

Axl wrote:

All these managers, they know one thing. They know that they can at least ... sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It’s just a phone call. It’s a half a day’s ... work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don’t care if it falls on its face.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … union.html?

In the same 2011 interview, Axl ruled out Gilby and Matt.

Axl wrote:

I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There’s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it’s not really even a full reunion... Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. ...Steven may want it, but... it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Izzy may have been right when he said a reunion only happens if Axl is broke. Being friendly with Slash is all well and good, but does he want to exchange his freedom for a bigger payday? Does he desire to make more music?

That sorta makes me hope it won't happen, since it could mean that Axl is giving up creatively.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What if Myles played rhythm and helped Axl on vocals like don't cry etc? Myles singing harmony only and rhythm could be cool... Stupid thought. Not sure why I posted. Lol

I actually had the same thought. Myles doing back up vocals, and any notes that Axl has trouble with. Bon Jovi has been doing this for a couple years now with Richie Sambora and David Brian filling in.

Board footer