You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Went and saw The Foo Fighters During ROV hiatus

Seven wrote:

They played two plus hours, twenty four songs, had a string section and tore the place up. If you get a chance to see them you should go for it.... Worth every penny...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

awesome! how much were tickets?

Seven

Seven wrote:

Around $40.00 and a bargain at that without a doubt one of the best shows I have seen in years. Good choice of out of the way Venue as well, smaller than the pavilions and inside, only downer was they shut down the beer sales at like 8:45 and the crowd was pissed. You knew the band was not Pretenders as they picked up in this subtle shift in energy they Jumped into the crowd and just rocked it out for like twenty minutes. Down with the masses instead of up above them, if you know what I mean..  Funny as hell he asked the Charlotte crowd to stop singing... they are loud when engaged! Put this band on your must see list, real rock n roll show....
A link and review of show below:

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/vibes/ … s-setlist/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I never really got into the Foo Fighters. Sounds like a good show though.

Seven

Seven wrote:

Hey James;

I guess when I moved to La in 1991 I saw Nirvana as the start of the feminist movement in rock (As far as a more vulnerable side to lyrics)... The LA boys were all like WTF . I have a soft spot for the Foo Fighters after all the death and Mayhem of the nineties and the show as I said did not disappoint. Quite a live performance up their with old INXS shows....Charisma charisma charisma... oh yeah and lots of police.....

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I'm not so much of a fan of the Foo's based on their studio stuff but what I have seen of them live, they do seem to put on an incredible show.  Glad you had a great time!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I've seen them many times live over the years, and being the big fan of them that I am I'm probably biased, but they do put on a great live show. Dave is a very passionate performer and a funny fucker too. Always entertaining to watch.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I went to the Detroit show last night and I must say, out of all the concerts i have been to, this one was no doubt the best. The opening acts were terrible (against me, serj tankian) but the FF were awesome and had a ton of energy. Dave is the defining frontman of this decade bar-none. If they are coming to your area I highly recommend seeing them, you won't be disappointed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I saw the Foo Fighters about 2 months ago at Rexall Place in Edmonton. I hadn't been to a show in a  few months and  thought they'd be pretty cool and something fun do. I had no fucking idea!! these guys fucking ruled beyond a shadow of a doubt.  One of the top five shows I have ever seen.  I agree with every positive thing said in this thread. Knock down drag'em out, kick ass live rock n' roll band. Dave Grohl is a master frontman. he had 20 000 people in the palm of his hand. Something I haven't  seen since *cough* Bono and maybe Bon Jovi. They genuinely wanted to be there. You could tell. Nothing fake about these guys. Pure gold. I was a very casual Foo Fighters fan but after that show I'm a fan for life and will see them EVERY time they come around. You get a chance to see these guys..... DO IT!

Board footer