You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Agree on that front. No way we get CD II to support a reunion tour without some serious Slash contributions (meaning basically a rewrite of the material). They're best off either dropping it now before the reunion stuff snowballs any further or it gets packed away completely and the old guys work on brand new stuff.

I don't see a scenario where Slash is happy to play over the top of Ashbas rerecordings of Finck and put that out as a new GNR record. I don't think that would work for any sector of the fanbase either.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It seems I have been missing all the fun. I heard about all the reunion rumours on the radio haha

I'll check about to see if I can find out anything. If anyone has any leads, PM me

I'll post back next week. Busy with work just now smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

"Multiple trusted sources"

Aka htgth, mygnr, gnrtruth,  gnrevolution etc etc 16

The "media" is using our own hype to get us more excited

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think if it is a hybrid lineup.. we will see Izzy on at least a few dates. No way he played with the new lineup and not join Duff, Slash, and Axl for at least a few shows. That's my hope at least. I had a feeling Matt and Steven wouldn't be in on.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think if it is a hybrid lineup.. we will see Izzy on at least a few dates. No way he played with the new lineup and not join Duff, Slash, and Axl for at least a few shows. That's my hope at least. I had a feeling Matt and Steven wouldn't be in on.

No reason Matt couldn't do it music wise, unless the others don't want him there. Not sure how he gets on with Slash and Duff these days. I seem to remember he and Axl made up a few years ago?

All in all the drummer's not crucial to this. Nobody is or isn't going to a reunion show cos Frank's on drums instead of Adler.

johndivney wrote:

There's nothing on Chinese that Slash couldn't have played on, or improved for that matter.
Theoretically he could play on CD2 material.

CD2 is in no way an issue to getting these guys together again. It's near insignificant in this context.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't buy this line up. I might buy it for a tour. But a reunion of the original band will happen, if only for one night, IT WILL HAPPEN.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't buy this line up. I might buy it for a tour. But a reunion of the original band will happen, if only for one night, IT WILL HAPPEN.

It needs to happen. You figure Izzy will show up for some gigs even if he doesn't want to do a whole tour. Adler is probably not capable of handling a whole mega tour given his sobriety issues. He would kill himself if the other 4 guys are on the stage together without him. Axl, Duff, and Slash just need to give him one show and I think that would make him happy.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Me neither, personally I don't like the term reunion if it's got Fortus or Frank in it. I know the average Joe wont care that much, Axl, Slash & Duff is enough, but if it does end up F&F instead of Izzy, Matt or Steven, it's a slap in the face imo.

No disrespect to Fortus, or Frank at all, seen em & liked em, but for a reunion, I'd rather see Gilby up there with Izzy from time to time. Make some effort to have it a proper reunion.  And if Steven doesn't get a look-in at all, I'll be disappointed with both Slash & Duff tbh for agreeing to do it without him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

There's no way Izzy will be kept out of a reunion. He might be a flake, but he is still professional and not a drug addict. If they decide to go with someone else it will be because he won't commit to a full tour, but he will definitely take part in some shows. The RRHOF showed that he is interested.

Board footer