You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Suicide Squad/Justice League Films

polluxlm wrote:

That's a good teaser. I had ridiculously low expectations for this, concept just sounded bad.

This isn't looking bad though.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I thought the CGI when Superman actually landed looked bad. Don't get that about modern movies why they can't use real sand for simple effects like that.

I really think this is going to be exciting, but I don't think it's going to make much sense. A PG-13 version of Watchmen.

The fact that they felt the need to put "Dawn of Justice" on the title to let you know the ending will be the start of a franchise let's you know exactly what the studio was thinking.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I thought the CGI when Superman actually landed looked bad. Don't get that about modern movies why they can't use real sand for simple effects like that.

I really think this is going to be exciting, but I don't think it's going to make much sense. A PG-13 version of Watchmen.

The fact that they felt the need to put "Dawn of Justice" on the title to let you know the ending will be the start of a franchise let's you know exactly what the studio was thinking.

I'm so used to it now I don't notice. When you mention it that shot would look that much cooler if you got someone like Ridley Scott involved. He'd use real sand.

The movie will stand or fall on the sense aspect. Superman is vastly more powerful than Batman the way I see it, so how they'll make that a believable fight remains to be seen. If they neuter Superman it will suck. What fills me with a degree of excitement is Snyder and his imagery. I adored the way Watchmen unfolded for me a new universe so effectively. Achieving a sense of nostalgia without having anything to be nostalgic about going in. That being said I thought Man of Steel was pretty bad.

Title suggests this will be another standard studio fare. But the weird concept might work in its favor. You have to be cartoonish and silly because the basic premise is. Guardians of the Galaxy was allowed the freedom to peak outside the box and it was a breath of fresh air. Perhaps this will too.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:

They are going to show the full trailer during Jimmy Kimmel on Wednesday night and then it will be on YOUTUBE afterwards. Still looks great.

AtariLegend wrote:

New trailer that gives away a little too much.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

New trailer that gives away a little too much.

It does; but I still liked the trailer overall. I enjoyed some of the energy coming from the main cast and some of the action beats we are getting. Just could of been edited better. People were getting mad that they thought Snyder and WB were copying Marvel with it's few moments of humor. It's not like those DC movies were 100% super serious and WB never confirmed there would be no quips or wisecracks from the heroes. They can still have those gritty tones yet have a few lighter moments. Basically they can strike a balance if they want to. Alot of it were just people looking at rumor mills or trying to troll Marvel fanboys online. Why can't we love both properties? I mean how can you not have the Flash or Aquaman without some fun and optimism. Even Man of Steel had a few moments like that; but it didn't hurt the tone of the movie. Trailer did give me a few worries like they are kind of rushing Doomsday and he would of been better served for either Justice League or a Man of Steel sequel. But...hey if they do the villain right or just have an introductory fight to what he is capable of, then later use him for another movie, then that's fine with me. I hope the final movie is great and kicks so much ass. 2016 is going to be a killer year for comic book and movie fans.

AtariLegend wrote:

Another CGI trailer.

I won't be going to the Cinema to see this though...

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

No?  Wonder Woman AND Captain Kirk? How can you go wrong?

I'm actually look forward to this movie, golden age Wonder Woman ala the Captain America movie, sounds good to me.

I've always wanted to see Superman done this way too...  Superman in the late 30's, during ww2, his power levels growing over the years... Eventually getting to be an older Superman, like and Earth 2 Superman, in modern day - would be one badass epic.

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:

No?  Wonder Woman AND Captain Kirk? How can you go wrong?

I'm actually look forward to this movie, golden age Wonder Woman ala the Captain America movie, sounds good to me.

I've always wanted to see Superman done this way too...  Superman in the late 30's, during ww2, his power levels growing over the years... Eventually getting to be an older Superman, like and Earth 2 Superman, in modern day - would be one badass epic.

Oh I agree. This recent BvS trailer should of been the 2nd trailer. I noticed that added some Arkham game touches to Batman for this one. Nice touch! Wonder Woman seems to be going a Captain America: The First Avenger route which I can dig. I've heard from various movie sources that Gal's portrayal of Wonder Woman is the one of the top highlights of BvS and that Warner Bros is very impressed with her.

AtariLegend wrote:

Reviews have been pretty bad on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm generally not fond of Rotten Tomatoes, but the number of bad critic reviews are overwhelming.

I'd normally go see this on Friday, however school holidays mean the cinema will be packed out. I'll wait till next week.

Board footer