You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Pretty good VR show I had never seen

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Don't Drop That Dime gets randomly stuck in my head from time to time.

Gravedancer was good too!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Would be funny as hell if a VR reunion was announced in the middle of all this GNR hoopla....

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I still maintain they should've got Chester Bennington to front VR. He's got a similar vibe to Weiland – to the extent that Stone Temple Pilots picked him to front the band – but he also has the vocal range to tackle some GN'R classics beyond the lower-register Brownstone, Patience and ISE. And, crucially, he sings with passion – unlike Myles Kennedy, who can hit every note without sounding like he means any of it.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I'm sticking with Linda Perry as the ideal vocalist for VR post-weiland, killer voice and excellent songwriting capabilities (but Chester, Corey, etc... all would've been more than good enough to keep the band going and inject some fresh ideas)

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I personally would love the hear the demos with Jeff Angell (pre-Weiland). VR would have been a completely different band, but for sure very interesting

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Vale wrote:

I personally would love the hear the demos with Jeff Angell (pre-Weiland). VR would have been a completely different band, but for sure very interesting

Oh god yes. He's a great lyricist. And, if they wanted someone in the Weiland mould, he would've been a great choice for a post-Weiland VR.

ETA: ISTR there were some demos from the Project sessions that found their way onto the internet, weren't there? Not the "open auditions" they held post-Weiland, the really early days.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

RIP SCOTT! So Sad!!

Board footer