You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Donald Trump running for President

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

We take refugees in from all over the world plus illegal immigrants from Mexico, Central America, and South America.

As does every fucking civilized country, what's your point?

Smoking Guns wrote:

How many refugees has Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc taken?

2 million are in Turkey, 1.4 million in Jordan, 1.2 million in Lebanon, about 250k in Irak, about 250k in the UAE. What are you saying, that muslim countries don't take in refugees? Europe is going to take in about 120k, the US is looking to accept a measly 10k. What are you talking about saying muslim countries don't do their part? Saudi Arabia is a villainous state, let's not model ourselves after them.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are the young men not fighting back fighting for their cities?

You think they're not? You really think they're ok with what's happening to their country? That their religion commands them to accept what's happening to their homes, their cities, their way of life? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but there's no other way to put this, but that's one of the most ignorant statements I've read in a while...

Smoking Guns wrote:

Have you seen what is going on in Europe? Those economies cannot handle that influx either and it is causing big problems.

Europe is doing what it needs to do, it is not shirking its responsibilities like Trump is proposing the US should do. The impact of roughly 150k refugees on the European economy is going to be minimal. The impact of locking down Brussels out of sheer fear, the impact of woefully incapable intelligence programs that spy in citizens on the other hand...

ISIS doesn't rely on refugees to do their bidding, they radicalize EU and US muslims. Shutting our borders for one religion won't do a damn thing, and will likely only create more polarization.

Not to mention that you simply can't implement the policy anyway, you can't ask people about their religion and even if you do they can easily lie and there's no real way to find out.

I am not saying I support Trumps plan, but what part of temporary ban do you guys not understand?  Obama's policy along with Europe's open border policy has gotten a lot of people killed. If you are cool with that, that is your choice.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like many here don't like the US either. Just think of what a world would be like with out a United States. How would WW2 have gone... Guess we are just assholes over here. After 911 under George Bush there were zero terrorist attacks in the US. So in one aspect Bush kept the US safe. But a lot of good people died in that stupid war in Iraq.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The problem is so massive and complex I struggle to see us being able to do anything about it. Wars creating refugees, policies creating poverty, a political elite more concerned with honey bees and bad words than they are the society erupting around them.

A recipe for chaos. And the cure for chaos is usually tyranny. So fun times ahead. neutral

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The problem is so massive and complex I struggle to see us being able to do anything about it. Wars creating refugees, policies creating poverty, a political elite more concerned with honey bees and bad words than they are the society erupting around them.

A recipe for chaos. And the cure for chaos is usually tyranny. So fun times ahead. neutral

Where do you live? Sweden? Tell us how the migration is going in your country.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

7% of Germany was Nazi, the silent majority stood by as the Nazis killed millions.  1.5 Billion Muslims letting a 1 million radicals ruin everything.

To me, this is the issue. We shouldn't be fixing this. The non-radical Muslims should. Anything we say is racist in the twisted pc world that we live in. They need to out the radicals. They need to defend the Islam they claim is not supporting the radicals.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

7% of Germany was Nazi, the silent majority stood by as the Nazis killed millions.  1.5 Billion Muslims letting a 1 million radicals ruin everything.

To me, this is the issue. We shouldn't be fixing this. The non-radical Muslims should. Anything we say is racist in the twisted pc world that we live in. They need to out the radicals. They need to defend the Islam they claim is not supporting the radicals.

Hell to the yes!  As you see if you say anything about Islam you get called a Bigot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I agree let them figure out their own shit...but it's too late for that western countries are intwined within it now

I don't hate the USA, and I don't think u guys are bigots. But just cuz of a persons beliefs u cant assume they will blow up your town...that's fucked up....and ur gun laws are dumb...lol

I just think if people need safe haven from war that it should be offered up and provided, Canada and USA seem to be the preferred options ... it must be terrifying to live in a war state

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That's what I tried to say, just a lot less long winded 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The way things are going we all live in a war state.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The way things are going we all live in a war state.

Perhaps...but if u live in fear then the extremists are winning

For example...assuming all Muslims are terrorists....that's a scary path to go down

Board footer